Resilient Bluey rescued

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFireStorm

Reaction score
This bluey was rescued yesterday from an elderly ladies enclosed garden. The lady lives in a retirement village and reported it initially as a snake after only seeing its head.

As the photos show, the tail has been mauled and both rear legs are missing the feet (stumps). Thankfully all have healed over and it is still mobile.

Attachments

• DSCF1026.jpg
    DSCF1026.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF1024.jpg
    DSCF1024.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF1023.jpg
    DSCF1023.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF1022.jpg
    DSCF1022.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 134
Within 10 minutes of accommodating it in with another bluey (both are still being de-ticked) things started to heat up between them.

Wonderful sight to behold

Daz

Attachments

• Copulation 2.jpg
    Copulation 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Copulation 3.jpg
    Copulation 3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Copulation 4.jpg
    Copulation 4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 103
Well done mate and awesome to see what little troopers these guys are, they should be Pokemon...

so you save him, clean him up give him a feed a nice warm home and a root? i think that guy will love you.

sooooooooo can you use a wild one to breed with ? what happens next

Cathy

Yes, down here we do not have a strict catch and release policy. Under my permit I am allowed to add this one to my collection.

Fortunately, unlike humans, blueys will mate when the urge allows them.....:p

Sounds like you didn't save his life at all. Sounds like he died and went to Bluey Heaven :p Good work:D

blueys are such battlers,i have rescued many that needed some tlc ,but they do well and i hope they go onto productive lives back in the wild, they are a truly great species

so what state do i need to move to then?? lol qld is sooooooooo strict in that area :-(

Cathy

LOL Cathy. You would have to move to Tasmanian.

Our regs even allow us to find them in the wild and take home (not from reserve land and if from private property must have land-owners permission).

HOWEVER, that could all be changing in the very near future.

Daz

- - - Updated - - -

Tasmania, but all you can keep are some Elapids, some skinks and 1 species of dragon.

Can keep all native Tasmanian elapids. All except 5 skink species (Southern water skink, Bougainvilles skink (scientific permits only) and Pedra Branca, Tussock and Glossy skinks (NO taking or possession-threatened species) and the only native dragon species

Last edited:
LOL Cathy. You would have to move to Tasmanian.

Our regs even allow us to find them in the wild and take home (not from reserve land and if from private property must have land-owners permission).

HOWEVER, that could all be changing in the very near future.

Daz

- - - Updated - - -

Can keep all native Tasmanian elapids. All except 5 skink species (Southern water skink, Bougainvilles skink (scientific permits only) and Pedra Branca, Tussock and Glossy skinks (NO taking or possession-threatened species) and the only native dragon species
yes i understand we can keep all Elapids native to Tas. I was saying "some" because some might have thought that we could keep all Australian Elapids (which we cant)

unfortunately many blue tongues get killed because people see the head poke out and scream SNAKE,if they only waited to see what it was they would have the greatest snail killer available and wouldn't need to waste money on snail bait:lol:
we rescued 1 from a golf course many years ago who had no feet on 1 side and many toes missing on the other,obviously a victim of the lawn mower but she lived for many years after

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back