Knob Tail Gecko breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbecker

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a pair of pilb knob tailed gecko's that I'm hoping to breed this season. They are an adult pair about 3 years old and was told they have previously bred before I got them earlier this year. I have cooled them this winter, warm side @ 30-32 and have a lay box in their for them.
I've seen people's geckos laying their eggs and some already hatching now and wondering if I am doing anything wrong with getting mine to breed. I read and was told they are easy to breed so maybe I just have to wait a bit longer for it to happen. I haven't breed gecko's or any other reptile before, so this is a first for me. Have the incubator ad everything set up, just waiting on the eggs now

Anyone have any idea why these guys haven't bred yet or should i just be waiting a bit longer?

Thanks

I just had the temps lowered to i think 20-22 in the middle of winter then slowly increased it to 30-32 about the start of October. I have kept them together the whole time, they get along with each other well.

And no, I haven't witnessed mating yet.

Take the male out for a week and drop him back in ..
Have you been checking the female for eggs at all ... if not you may have missed a clutch as they often bury them and you wont see them unless you dig them up.
Easiest way to spot eggs in females and lay tubs is to look from under neath , you will see eggs in the belly and eggs on the bottom of the lay tubs.

I did have my female dig a big burrow in the lay box. A week later she came out. I then checked it hoping for some eggs but nothing. Might try taking the male out for a week then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back