Have you been scammed by Carl Snake man or Tom Burke?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Amazon

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz
Reaction score
Hi all,

One of the boys was recently scammed buying some Green Tree Pythons off a bloke in Queensland going by the name of Carl Tyler "snakeman". We had been in contact with this individual by both email and phone and still ended up out of pocket and no snakes. Serves as a reminder of how carefull to be when purchasing new animals. We also know of other people who have also been scammed very recently and by someone going by the name of Tom Burke and suspect it may be the same individual. If anyone has anymore information could you please PM us as we would like to collate as much information to pass onto the police.

Cheers

Team AA

Another case of a seller hiding their identity and ripping off an honest buyer. Yes, yes it's a two-way street, but clearly the system doesn't seem to protect buyer or seller. You need something like Reptile-Pay-Pal ;)

I seriously don't know how some people live with themselves. Jeez I get twitchy if I owe someone 2 bucks (except the bank of course...stuff them :lol:)

We have had some people come forward, please shoot through a pm if its happened to you. Ben and Paul

I was going to buy one off him, turns out I didnt and now I feel relieved... Has anyone dealt with Chondro addiction???

Morning all
I got scammed by Tom Burke but it seems that he may be Carl Tyler as well
I have the Office of Fair Trade in Mackay conducting an investigation into this guy and they are the lead agency in QLD doing the investigations
They have asked anyone who is a victim of these guys or anyone that has any info to contact them directly on 07 49670990 and ask for Ray Beswick who is the manager in the Mackay Office or by email on [email protected]
We need to get as much info to him as every little bit helps build the case when they refer it to the police for fraud

regards Tommo

Someone just tell hoser there is a guy going around calling himself snakeman, he'll find him in 10 mins flat to sue him haha

Alot of good breeders would be happy to accept payment via paypal....I know we do ;-)

Another case of a seller hiding their identity and ripping off an honest buyer. Yes, yes it's a two-way street, but clearly the system doesn't seem to protect buyer or seller. You need something like Reptile-Pay-Pal ;)

I seriously don't know how some people live with themselves. Jeez I get twitchy if I owe someone 2 bucks (except the bank of course...stuff them :lol:)

- - - Updated - - -

Someone just tell hoser there is a guy going around calling himself snakeman, he'll find him in 10 mins flat to sue him haha

LOL

This concerns me:( I'm currently looking for an Olive or a Scrubby, and I found a lovely looking Olive in NT, and included freight in the already cheap price. I've been kicking myself since, but after seeing so many threads like this one, I'm kinda glad I didn't go for it :S

Hope you find the lousy so-and-so guys.

Try and contact your bank or paypal (if you made the payment electronically) and file a dispute for your money back, it shouldn't be too hard.

this guy has been at it for years just google his name for more info also goes by carl tyler

It really sucks that people like them ruin it for the legitimate sellers and breeders who suffer because people are too scared to by animals from a different state. I am one of those people who simply cant afford to be scammed and loose money. I only by animals in person and i pay in cash when i pick the animal up. If this arrangement doesnt work for the seller then i simply dont buy.

you can use paypal for any transaction aslong as the op has an account too they just send a payment request to your paypal id/email its really simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back