Payment plans ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What so the payment plan is to pay a snake off then you get it? Well that seems okay.

Of course, that's how I do it anyway haha. No way I am sending out snakes to people I don't know very well, when they haven't been payed for. =)

so whats the point lol why not just put that money your paying it off with away then buy your snake straight up no need to wait :)

Cathy

I pay for snakes in full, i'm talking about the people who sometimes purchase animals from me.

People who buy from me on regular basis and i trust can take the critter home and pay it off slowly.....no problem.
Newbies can pay a deposit and once the critter is paid off in full they can take it home with them.
I make it clear that if i dont have any further corespondance after the intial deposit [ 6 months ] its back up for sale
and deposit is lost.
I think thats fair.......
Cheers,
Aleks.

so whats the point lol why not just put that money your paying it off with away then buy your snake straight up no need to wait :)

Cathy

Why not give it to the breeder who will most likely utilise it to help with the upkeep of the reptile you desire? It's ultimately win/win for both parties in the end.

I recall going to some of the large department stores as a youngster with mum so she could pay off a little more on the laybuy of clothes she had for my brothers and I. We got new clothes, the store made a sale and mum got to put her kids in new clothes. No big deal.

Why not give it to the breeder who will most likely utilise it to help with the upkeep of the reptile you desire? It's ultimately win/win for both parties in the end.

I'm sure the breeder isn't that dire for funds, and when people leave deposits on snakes with me I've never used the money until the animal has been picked up. If I did payment plans it would be the same.

People who buy from me on regular basis and i trust can take the critter home and pay it off slowly.....no problem.
Newbies can pay a deposit and once the critter is paid off in full they can take it home with them.
I make it clear that if i dont have any further corespondance after the intial deposit [ 6 months ] its back up for sale
and deposit is lost.
I think thats fair.......
Cheers,
Aleks.

I was honestly wondering how a payment plan on a living creature would work...whether you got the reptile & then paid it off OR if full payment was made before the reptile was shipped off.

I mean what would happen if the reptile died, a few payments into the agreed plan? That would be a very grey area, depending on what factors led to its death to feeling like you're still obligated to pay.

It just sounds like more hassle than its worth.
Seller could get ripped off.
Buyer could get ripped off.
Each could disagree about how much has already been paid.

It just seems much simpler to do a single transaction. People make life way too complicated.

Can anyone tell me if there will be someone I can talk to at the expo this weekend that does payment plans on their GTP's. I would love to secure a deposit on a baby that would be possibly ready late Dec or early Jan.
I know SXR GTPs at the moment are hatching. At the moment with Dr bills and travel expenses and young children I wouldn't be able to purchase another GTP for a while so I bit the bullet and enquired about a yearling female and just started payments. I emailed with a really fast reply hatches will be ready in few months so if you work out a budget then you will have a little while to pay and to be ready! I am hopeless at saving?

The only problem i can see is feeding the animal.. do people charge a fee for the extra feeding time? or is it hard to move a whole clutch so as the breeder you just wear that??

The only problem i can see is feeding the animal.. do people charge a fee for the extra feeding time? or is it hard to move a whole clutch so as the breeder you just wear that??

I wanted female so i needed to sercure one. And asked about payment plan,
I got told $ plus freight and given a time to pay it off organized how much a week and I will have her at Xmas but I will keep trying to pay for her faster as my cages are set and ready to go?

I disagree with the concept that people are buying what they can't afford...

Most breeders offer payment plans and to be honest that is normally the best way to secure the nicer animals....

Out of the clutch of GTP's that we are trying to get feeding at the moment the two best looking animals (imo ofcourse lol) are already on hold for someone who has put a small deposit down and picked them out from photo's. As the animals aren't ready to go yet they haven't been advertised for anyone else to have seen them...the buyer and I stay in contact with each other and she is saving her pennies as I type and by the time the bubs are ready to go they would have saved enough to pay for them. I can't see why this would be a bad way to do things? She could wait until she had completely saved the money but then the two she picked out probably wouldn't be available...

And because I know what the next question will be is:

If anything happens to the animals or I can't get them feeding in a reasonable time frame then the buyer ofcourse has the option of the full refund of the money that sits in the bank until the animals are shipped or to pick from the other animals available. We also do not pre-sell more then roughly a third of a clutch of animals so we never have a problem of not being able to supply them if something happens.

As a breeder we win as well because we know that is two pretty GTPs that are going to someone that has taken the time to find some nice animals and put them on hold and wait instead of impulse buying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back