Breeding Albinos!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok out of curiosity, does the same general rule apply for a caramel? I have a caramel coastal and I would also like to have a better understanding on the genetic tendencies of (I assume) the red gene.

What rule are you referring to? Caramels are Co-Dom (visual Hets) where albinos are Recessive (Non-visual Hets).

Ok so back to the paradox albino, can anyone tell me if I bred a paradox with either a albino or het what are the chances of reproducing another paradox???. And also can anyone tell me what are the chances of even producing a paradox in the 1st place are breeding a het and an albino???

Ok so back to the paradox albino, can anyone tell me if I bred a paradox with either a albino or het what are the chances of reproducing another paradox???. And also can anyone tell me what are the chances of even producing a paradox in the 1st place are breeding a het and an albino???

Slim, but no harm in trying...

whats the chance of you seeing a pig flying.......................

The chances of breeding a paradox are really slim. But I was thinking about, hypothetically, if I had a paradox what would I breed it with. My understanding of it is that paradoxes are essentially albino with some melanin. The chances of a paradox producing another paradox are also slim, because the addition of the other parents albino gene will more than likely strip the melanin. I could be wrong though.

A paradox animal doesnt always appear so at birth - when we got our gravid girl out the other day to check her over we noticed some black spots coming through that weren't there previously. (and seriously they weren't there when we purchased her as a two year old, we thought she had mites or had hurt herself in her enclosure somehow until she went to the vets on the weekend lol).

She is from the Blondie line and her mother (Destiny) was a paradox, Simon did mention that to us when we purchased her although I had forgotten about it.

Here is one of the pics I took showing some of the black markings coming out on her:

IMG_1779[1].jpg

Take it back it's defective, or better yet I'll give you $1.50 and a bucket of chicken for it :p

I think the bucket of chicken would be pretty gross by time it gets to her, unless ur trying to poison her for ur chance to nab the python ;) lol

Nab it? I just feel sorry for it since its defective and want to see it looked after ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back