sick of getting bitten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha JrFear actually i have 20 freshwater tropical fish and they are so much easier to look after. but i am leaning towards a pet rock....

- - - Updated - - -

how can u tell if a snake is stressed? cuz the only snakes that go me are the bredli, all the others are real mellow. and if i did get a thermometer how would i change the temp on a heat mat or cord?

Biting can be a sign of stress, but not always. A thermometer will help you monitor temps so you know they're OK, you won't need to change the temp on a heat mat or cord, a thermostat will turn the heat source on and off as required to keep it at the temperature you program it for. As said above you can get units that control multiple enclosures. But monitoring and controlling temperatures is something you really do need to do. Both items will help you avoid over or under heating. And correct temp can be a factor in aggressive behaviour.

Biting can be a sign of stress, but not always. A thermometer will help you monitor temps so you know they're OK, you won't need to change the temp on a heat mat or cord, a thermostat will turn the heat source on and off as required to keep it at the temperature you program it for. As said above you can get units that control multiple enclosures. But monitoring and controlling temperatures is something you really do need to do. Both items will help you avoid over or under heating. And correct temp can be a factor in aggressive behaviour.

+1

There are thermostats that regulate mutable enclosures. I have one that controls four.
Me also sry... Was just keeping it simple and not confuse anyone that don't use them.... Me bad lol

You definitely need a thermometer at least
it will be warmer now because summer is coming
so your air temperature in the snake room will be higher
because the air temperature is higher
the temperature in the boxes with the heat mats will also be higher
without a thermometer you will have no idea what the actual temperature inside the boxes is
ideally you need one for each box
but if you are a bit short of cash get one and check each box daily until you can afford more
a simple baby thermometer is cheap but accurate

heat mats are very well known as unreliable as far as giving out exactly the same amount of heat all the time
so with heat mats a thermostat is pretty important
if the boxes are stacked up like shoe boxes in a shop the temperature in the boxes in the top layer will be higher than the temp in the bottom layer

someone who advised you when you got the snakes gave you bad advice
now you have 16 snakes
you really need to read a bit more about keeping them properly

anything can be fixed
but only you can fix it

mate even with the thermostats i've got heat mats and heat cord that apparently keep it a warm temperature for them and they've got cool spots thro their tanks. year and half now without losing any and one of them didnt even have a heat mat till 2 months ago.
thats because snakes are hardy animals , that doesn't mean they deserve to be pushed to their limits which you could be doing without having any idea on temps and the fact you didnt even have one on heat is ridiculous they need heat to digest ill be blunt dont ignore advice and tell people off just cop it and get your keeping in order before you do have animals die

Last edited:
Get your heating sorted and then try upping their feeds....hungry or hot/cold snakes are generally grumpy snakes.

If you don't have a thermostat with heat mats you are asking for trouble, especially with summer and the thought of turning the tubs into sweat boxes for the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back