Tiapan

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

43nickw

Reaction score
every body is going crazy over the tiapan lately, i walk past a huge one nearly every day at work sunning itself, and am usually no more than 2 feet away and this dude is huge,not once has it even looked at me as i lead the horses past, he just slithers back into his hole, then is back 20 minutes later, we never bother him and he never bothers us, i will take a photo today and post it, he has just shed and is a beautiful shiny black.

If its there nearly every day, you should take some pics.

Be careful, they are sneaky and will ambush you, they have even been known to steal BTS skins and wear them to get unsuspecting people who are completely innocent and have to kill them.

Hey Umbral, thats so true. What a joke those (that) journalist was.....Not much research went into that article did it?

Hey Umbral, thats so true. What a joke those (that) journalist was.....Not much research went into that article did it?

Would love to see the photos - and then we can send photos to that journo and show her what a taipan looks like, we can also send the photo to Mr Lean so he can correctly identify the hero in himself....

I'd say pretty much nothing was done except talk to our hero. I think we should keep posting comments on articles like that until they start looking at what they print.

Articles like those do so much damage as most people think that if something's in the newspaper then it must be true.

I emailed the newspaper - so they can now say people as far away as NZ complained... The real (and extremely sad) taipan story made the headlines here - and to me, it only should reinforce the need to be weary of snakes and steer clear of them no matter what they believe it is.

If anyone lives local to Mr Lean (in the story) perhaps they could post photos of snakes with correct ID to his letterbox - he needs educating or he's only endangering wildlife... And not his life!!!

It seems they removed the article, now they just need to post an accurate article.

Hanging out for this taipan picture! Or was he ambushed by it?

i think he was driving a backhoe past it pulled up to take a photo the taipan rolled over for a belly rub and BANG got him, eaten never to be heard of again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back