Live turtle keyrings!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is wrong with some people?? kind of reminds me of the dead fish in disco stu's shoes..

Saw lots of effed up stuff like this in HK and China. Got to the point that mum wouldnt go shopping with me as i would start fights with the sellers of this ****. 6'4 15 year old making alot vendors unhappy :D

still makes me sick everytime i see stuff like this

Can't quite tell, but they look like some Cryptodiras, am I wrong? It's hard to tell from the pics. I'm trying to grasp what kind of turtles they are.

apparently it doesn't come under cruelty to animals as their policy only covers wild animals these are bread for that sole purpose to be put LIVE into a keyring it makes me sick to see those poor little guys like that :-(

Cathy

When I was I Hong Kong at the store they were selling the live turntable key rings so I bought them all and removed them of the bags 2 out of 25 were dead not bad but I hate that sort of thing so i gave them to a friend who lived there his mum wasn't very happy about that many pet turtles:lol:

When I was I Hong Kong at the store they were selling the live turntable key rings so I bought them all and removed them of the bags 2 out of 25 were dead not bad but I hate that sort of thing so i gave them to a friend who lived there his mum wasn't very happy about that many pet turtles:lol:

I know a lot of people (myself included) that would want to buy these key rings, just so they could save the animals trapped inside, and even though it seems like the right thing to do, it really does the opposite.

You may have saved 20+ turtles, but you gave the seller what he wanted, money and the confidence that this particular product will sell. So he's now going to stock more of these animals because he's confident they will sell. So yes, you saved 20+ turtles, but the seller took your money and bought 40+ turtles to sell.

As hard as it my be, the best thing that can be done, is doing nothing. If the seller doesn't get money coming in from these animals, then he's going to have to find another product that will sell.

OMG that is sick, how could people do that, that poor turtle... i dont wanna imagine what they would do to other animals.
Somethng needs to be done to help these poor animals.

Lots of this sorta s&*t happening in asian countries, I saw lots of stuff like this in Thailand and have seen similar stuff in Mexico.
Very very sad to see. Anyone who does this or buys these has no soul and deserves to die a slow and painful death.

How long would they last like that and what would they do when the die..

In France they do it with bettles. They glue a live bettle to a broach, and you can wear it out and about witha live moving bettle.
Its so sad, but even in this country, insects dont come under the animal cruilty act. I have been to pet shops with starved leaf insects or stick insects. Loads of them dead on the bottom from lack of moisture and dried old leaves.

Lets just say, My partner and I always kick up a stink!!

It's just sad & beyond belief that a culture as old as China has very little respect for living creatures.
I have no problem accepting that different cultures may consider certain creatures/animals as a delicacy to eat but reducing a living thing to a short lived novelty is just beyond cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back