RPM vs JAGS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatty

Reaction score
early next year I am thinking about getting a pair of RPM/JAGS and want to know what is the difference is.
if i breed 2 RPM with it produce all RPMS like albinos do
i know JAGS can get neurological issues can RPMS any info would help

True RPs have the same chance of neuro as any other snake, jags however have it built into their DNA.

RPM's & JAGS are the same! RPM was coined when jags 1st started appearing to take the focus away from being illegal!

RPM = Jag, they are exactly the same thing, just different terms.
RP = reduced pattern, usually reserved for pure snakes, WITHOUT the jag gene. e.g. reduced pattern jungles, darwins, coastals.

RPM's & JAGS are the same! RPM was coined when jags 1st started appearing to take the focus away from being illegal!

sure were. same thing mate.
people like to think there different to make themselves feel better about owning one. they all stem from jags from europe. illegally imported.
do you really think that someone here is aus just by chance happened to hatch out a snake with the exact same traits as snakes that were in europe and us. i dont like those odds.

sure were. same thing mate.
people like to think there different to make themselves feel better about owning one. they all stem from jags from europe. illegally imported.
do you really think that someone here is aus just by chance happened to hatch out a snake with the exact same traits as snakes that were in europe and us. i dont like those odds.

I don't think anyone ever really believed that story. I just think nobody cares any more

But I hatched some out from a red bellie x eastern brown pairing and they are Aus jags no us or Europe genes in them ill call em Rebs not rpms

I said RP as in reduced pattern not RPM as in the morph which are jags.
True RPs have no relation to jags and will have the same chance of neuro issues as say a wild coastal while jags have the neuro issue built in.

Was I incorrect?

You were right Umbral, but the OP asked about 'RPM's not RP's- that little 'M' makes a big difference :)

I like to tell people it means "Rev's Per Minute".. but your explanation sounds more plausible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back