What does it mean if my male bluey releases sperm when pooing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danieloflat

Reaction score
Today I was watching my blueys in their enclosure and my male raised his legs and tail like he was about to poo, he pooed and then his penis came out and released a load. What does this mean?
Also my male bluey has been wanting to breed with my female but just as he goes to bite her she runs off, mixed messages? She waves her tail as if to try and get him then runs off, I really am confused!
Anyone wish to shed some light into any of these questions?

they want to mate and what do u mean by him releasing a load

- - - Updated - - -

ignore the last bit but yeah im pretty sure its just that he wants to breed

He shot out a load of sperm, that's what I mean. I guess I am just wondering why the girl is running away instead of letting him do his business. They have not bred in 3 years but last year they went at it like rabbits

He shot out a load of sperm, that's what I mean. I guess I am just wondering why the girl is running away instead of letting him do his business. They have not bred in 3 years but last year they went at it like rabbits
Maybe because she knows how it feels to give birth to over 5 live young now.....

That means your male wants to impregnate and is ready for a female

Im pretty sure jinjajoe (member on here) said in one of his youtube clips that the females test the males strength and speed, if she dont like his muscles, she aint gonna want him lol
Not 100% sure.

Maybe because she knows how it feels to give birth to over 5 live young now.....
Hahaha hopefully she can get over the fear! Pretty keen on babies this year!
aaaah thanks pythrulz! Hopefully he has it in him to do the deed.

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure jinjajoe (member on here) said in one of his youtube clips that the females test the males strength and speed, if she dont like his muscles, she aint gonna want him lol
Not 100% sure.
Better give him some roids then haha! Wouldn't happen to have a link do you?

Male Blueys often drop semen off in their stools when sexually active..... I'd say its a bit late in the season though meaning the female is not receptive.... All mine except the Blotchies finished mating at the end of September. But being in Vic it's probably not unusual for some activity very late in the season.... If you have them permanently housed together he may already have had his way and she may be gravid and now resisting his advances. Time will tell.

Don't know what to say about the wet lizards without being inappropriate lol.....

In the very early stages yep.... But once say after 6 weeks she is likely to be aggressive towards advances but all animals are individual and this may differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back