Snakes in the News..Channel 10 at 5 o clock today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I went to a snake call like usual today but this time I was met by a news crew and they filmed me catching 2 tiger snakes at this one property in Langwarrin.
They said they will air it tonight at 5 oclock.
I am hoping to record it somehow, save it to a cd or usb, but I dont know how to do it.
Ant help would be appreciated.

I'll be watching up here in the NT. If I see it, I will try get it recorded onto USD and CD for you mate, if not, the News site should host the story and might be able to stream and save the vidoe from there too.

have to put it up on youtube so i can watch barry, also i will be on the project sometime in the next few days im just waiting to see when they will fit the story in.

Watching the news now! Will keep an eye out for you!

I watched from start to finish and i never saw anything :/
Did i have the right news program?

Last edited:
Yeah...... Wasn't on Channel 10 Sydney either. :(

Must have just been Melbourne, sorry bout that..Ill put a Youtube vid of it up later

- - - Updated - - -

Must have just been Melbourne, sorry bout that..Ill put a Youtube vid of it up later

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Moosenoose beat me to it, lol
[video=youtube;VKVJ_R_x7Rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKVJ_R_x7Rs&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Awesome. Was it worth the wait, Baz ?

Up to sports and didn't see anything. Must have just been local news for Melb/VIC. Going to watch your video now.
I've been interviewed before and they always get you to talk for ages then use very select pieces to go to air. I've always been told be careful what you say to, as they can easily twist your words around depending on how they edit it.
Hope they didn't do that to you.

It looked like nice habitat to me, i feel sorry for Melbourne water, residents don't want nice creeks and riparian habitat, they just want pretty (usually with mowed lawns and garden beds).... The story wasn't really about snakes, it was about overrun creek habitat. And they still portrayed snakes as evil and unwanted :(.

They might have the fancy camera work, but Baz's YouTube clips are far better and more informative about snakes.

I agree with you raymonde about portrayal of the snake which is why im not impressed myself. I was getting interviewed for an hour and I think i made heaps of valid points and tried to get the right message across.. yet the used three lines of fluff.
The habitat is nice but there is a lot of damage been done to it, removing the native trees ect. and it is full of morning glory, blackberry pittospurum and cottoneaster, not to mention the feral grasses such as pampas and cooch..the list of feral garden plants is huge to..
Its not melbourne waters fault but it might be theri responsibility to get rid of the weeds.
it surely looks pretty from a distance and the animals seem to like it but it is not natural

No Rob, I got iterviewed for an hour so they could use 3 lousy lines...I feel a bit dirty actually

I understand it's a common feeling after being chewed up and spat out by the news cycle. :(

Some of the snake articles that have been posted on here lately have renewed my cynicism about jounalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back