outdoor lacey enclouser

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adelherper

Reaction score
hey guys so i got this area that is screaming to be made for my lacey
i was goin to dig it up and put mesh in but the roots are heavy n close to surface so im goin to mesh the ground then fill with dirt bout 300 mill can u guys post of yours doest have to be for laceys tho just tying to get ideas

Thanksphoto(16).JPG

heres my lace enclosure , its nothing special - it duz the job.
1st pic is what it looks like today - others are during building

Attachments

• done2.jpg
    done2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 145
  • jubbs new enclosure2.jpg
    jubbs new enclosure2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 147
  • inside jubs new enclosure.jpg
    inside jubs new enclosure.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 140
  • geting there.jpg
    geting there.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 8th nov jubb.jpg
    8th nov jubb.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 168
Thinking of building one hey guys, could you technically use a pit just with colourbond, no mesh top? 1.5m high?

Thinking of building one hey guys, could you technically use a pit just with colourbond, no mesh top? 1.5m high?

ive seen some really nice ones done like this, just make sure there are no branches or anything anywhere near the edge that the monitor could use to climb out, they are smart and very sneaky, dont trust them for a second haha

ive seen some really nice ones done like this, just make sure there are no branches or anything anywhere near the edge that the monitor could use to climb out, they are smart and very sneaky, dont trust them for a second haha

They can also jump a considerable distance. I've thought about pits for Lacies, but have always chosen aviaries for peace of mind (escape/ security reasons). Also, you can increase usable space considerably with the added verticle dimension without taking up more ground area.

I've kept Lacies outdoors for a few years now and have found 600mm belt rubber tech screwed to railway sleepers a good option. They may damage (or loose completely) their toes with constant digging into some wire flooring. My females dig alot, my males rarely so. No wire across the floor also allows you to plant out the enclosure.

Attachments

• 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    014 [1600x1200].jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 016 [1600x1200].jpg
    016 [1600x1200].jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back