Happy times - pipping!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww so cute, cant wait to see what they look like after their first slough :D

congrats pythonmum, im excited for u. :)

Pythonmum, do u always seperate your clutches ?
i also use the water method but i have a good size hole which the temperature probe passes through the tub
and goes in the middle of the mass of eggs, this allows enough air to ventilate the tub and keep the moisture level just right.
I have a glass lid in the top of the tub.
Congrats on the awesome clutch.
Aleks.

That's Awesome Thanks For Posting The Pic's Pythonmum

Congratulations. Beautiful babies there, Pythonmum.

I can't wait to start breeding snakes. This moment, when the heads pip the eggs and the babies emerge, must be magical.

Hi Yommy - yes, day 55 for pipping again, but day 56 for emerging.
hi Mungus - I didn't separate my first clutch, but one egg died and got mouldy. I had to cut it away from the egg mass and apply tinea powder. Now I separate if possible and have not lost another egg.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments. This morning was even more exciting. I moved 4 babies to click clicks, but only removed 3 empty eggs. :)

Yep, we have twins! Given that the lightest hatchling so far is 27 grams, I am very interested to see the size of those remaining in the egg. I was worried about one baby last night as it had emerged halfway and wasn't moving much, but it is mostly in the egg and much perkier today. My most caved in egg hadn't had a head poking out and that had me worried, but it is out and looking around today. Everything is going great. I will have to put the hatching click clack onto a heat pad as an extra, since I only set up enough click clicks for single occupancy eggs. I like that kind of problem!

- - - Updated - - -

Well - it's all over. This is like Christmas, but spread over several days (maybe Hannukah?).

I was wrong about a twin egg. The egg was just full of extra white and a bit of blood which made it look pink when I peered in without my glasses:oops:.

Here is the sight I saw after work at 5:30:
DSC05218.jpg

Can anyone guess how many in my hand?
DSC05220.jpg

I looked over my results for the past couple of years and there is a clear increase in both the number of eggs and average hatchling mass as my girl gets larger. Her first clutch averaged 24 grams (there were twins, which brings it down a bit), the next was 26g and this one was 28g. Next year she will probably have a rest.

Are you sure you arent counting one of your fingers as a snake? :lol:

They are awsome :D How big do they grow to as adults? Same as a coastal? or MDP?

There are 7 in that handful, not counting the fingers. :)
They are more like a MDP size as adults, not as big as coastals. My parents are between 2 and 3 kg at 4 1/2 years of age. Big older females exceed 3kg. They are 2 - 2.5 metres long.

Awesome PythonMum!! Amazing photos as well CONGRATULATIONS!!! Just a quick question for ya, when you put all the eggs in that enclosure thus removing the eggs from the initial incubation container, was that in the incubator as well whilst the others hatched?
Thanks
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back