Can you see it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can you see it?

PB150057_edited-1.jpg
PB150056_edited-1.jpg
PB150054_edited-1.jpg
PB150053_edited-1.jpg

I only did at the last second and managed to lurch to one side. Reportedly the venom is chemically identical to king cobra. Glad I didn't get a sample :)

I spent 3 hours on the reef this arvo (after putting a deposit on my new Arafura File Snake) and this was the only stony I saw. How many didnt I see? Scary!

Thats amazing Steve. I know these guys are found up here too and I have spent hours looking for them. Guess I have to look harder after seeing your photos.

time to get some steel soled reef shoes!!!
nice pics

I wear reef boots with a thick sole (like a work boot). I lifted this blokes spines and they wouldnt have penetrated the heel but a bit iffy with the front or instep.

Wow - he's a big mongrel! My reef shoes are fine over oysters, but I wouldn't want to test them on that fellow.

He's about 7-8" long. Half the size of a big one. I would love to put him in a tank but they eat fish their own size. Solo tank only. I just picked up a nice 4 foot tank with cabinet/ timber lids/ lighting but that's for the file snake.

I'm forever telling hubby to look out for them as I've seen first hand what a sting can do. We haven't spotted one up here yet but it's no wonder! Great photos, glad you missed it! ;)

Lucky bugger! Couldn't help but think of the Scared Wierd Little guys

Come to Australia, you might accidentally get killed!:D

Hey Steve. l think you need a medal for spotting it :) solar 17 (baden)

Can you see it?
Reportedly the venom is chemically identical to king cobra. Glad I didn't get a sample :)

I've not heard that before.
I have spoken to a couple of locals that have been stung, we have lots of them here as well as the freshwater bullrout. One guy had actually been stung twice by stonefish, once in the foot and once in the finger when removing it from a cast net.

If you didn't ask me to look I probably wouldn't have spotted it. Truly amazing camo!!

My grandmother once stood on a stonefish and copped a nasty whack of venom. She wasn't well for some time. And that's something I'm NOT envious about :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back