Aae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzmixer

Reaction score
Just spent 2 hours waiting at AAE in Melbourne last night only to find out they had my package there the whole time and nobody realised (mind you my mobile number was clearly written on the package, so they could of called if they wanted).

Whats the longest time you've spent waiting? Because i had to wait so long it took me 2 hours to drive home thanks to peak hour traffic.. :rolleyes:

I wasn't sure if my item had even arrived in Newcastle As they forgot to scan it and had no record of it leaving Vic -.-

I had to wait an hour and a half nearly 2 hours at Sydney

It was a bit frustrating that the package had been there the wholeee time and nobody decieded to even ask or say anything. I was the only person there waiting.. ah well, the little fella was fine, thats all that matters :)

I had a problem I purchased geckos from gold coast with went to Sydney then to Orange.
I was told they would be a orange at 4pm so as a concerned owner I got there at 3.30 pm and was told there was a delay which ment 4.45pm Friday which was fine but that flight came in and no package started stressing the counted rang Sydney whom couldn't fine the details by now lots of questions was passing in my head. As it's nearly three hours from my house to airport I started heading home calling owners etc I reached home and got a call saying the plane got in at 8.45pm which had my parcel on as Sydney didn't put on plane (hello they had live animal stickers all over it and got there at 10.30am) But instead of going back to Orange the courier man was really nice an put it in his office with heater on 25 and delivered to Forbes the next morning Saturday where I picked them up very healthy the guy had them in box in a cotton bank bag separated thank goodness he knew what he was doing. Just to mention he was as worried as I was and a lot of heated calls were made from both phones.

I had a problem I purchased geckos from gold coast with went to Sydney then to Orange.
I was told they would be a orange at 4pm so as a concerned owner I got there at 3.30 pm and was told there was a delay which ment 4.45pm Friday which was fine but that flight came in and no package started stressing the counted rang Sydney whom couldn't fine the details by now lots of questions was passing in my head. As it's nearly three hours from my house to airport I started heading home calling owners etc I reached home and got a call saying the plane got in at 8.45pm which had my parcel on as Sydney didn't put on plane (hello they had live animal stickers all over it and got there at 10.30am) But instead of going back to Orange the courier man was really nice an put it in his office with heater on 25 and delivered to Forbes the next morning Saturday where I picked them up very healthy the guy had them in box in a cotton bank bag separated thank goodness he knew what he was doing. Just to mention he was as worried as I was and a lot of heated calls were made from both phones.

Thats crazy, that makes my experiance seem like nothing! I know how you feel about being concerned, i was stressing out not knowing what was going on. It's certainly a horrible feeling.
While i was waiting around, a little puppy hadnt been picked up yet, so i asked if i could look after it because it was being complete ignored, it was hot, the dog was sooking so i got it some water (which it lapped up quickly!) and looked after it as much as i could through the cage. Luckily the owner showed up an hour later and was very thankful that i looked after it. Turns out she got stuck in traffic. I felt like i did my good deed for the day but still didnt stop me worrying about my python.

It's scary because you wonder if the seller was scamming always in the back of your mind ( my guy sent photo of booking receipt at 6.30am when droped off at airport) there is a questionable add on gumtree australia at moment GTPs $300 and blackthroat monitor and albino and piebald pythons HOW MANY peeps loose there money, and how many people blame the airport for loosing their animals from these dodgy people.

I had one about a year ago, that was due in 4:30pm. Never showed up, no record of where it was - eventually got home at about 12:30am.. AAE were no help at all, they packed up and went home at 5 - we actually tracked it down with the help of the PILOT and luggage crew.

That being said there is a new manager for the Gladstone branch now and he's very efficient, haven't had a problem with him yet. :D

Tamworth about 10 years ago, AAE were renowned for putting reptiles on the truck at Sydney isntead of the plane. This resulted in a overnight drive, often through sub-zero (or stinking hot) temperatures. If they shipped on a friday, you wouldn't get them till monday.

ive actually experienced the exact opposite from the coffs harbour section , i wasn't expecting my little guy to come in until around 4 pm however he got sent on an earlier flight that morning than what was planned so he arrived at lunch time , instead of AAE just waiting until 4 i got a phone call letting me know he was there and ready to be picked up

so i dont think AAE are all like that , there is still good ones out there but like all big chain businesses there is going to be good and bad , some that go that extra length to keep customers happy

ive actually experienced the exact opposite from the coffs harbour section , i wasn't expecting my little guy to come in until around 4 pm however he got sent on an earlier flight that morning than what was planned so he arrived at lunch time , instead of AAE just waiting until 4 i got a phone call letting me know he was there and ready to be picked up

so i dont think AAE are all like that , there is still good ones out there but like all big chain businesses there is going to be good and bad , some that go that extra length to keep customers happy

AAE Coffs Harbour are by far the best branch that I've ever dealt with in the different areas that I have lived. Very helpful and go out of their way to make sure everything goes smoothly.

picked my first coastal up off AAE in rockhampton, it was on time and all, but the guy had no idea about my parcle... he went out back and found it carried it out like it was a chew toy even though it had fragile live animal written all over it, then i explained to be careful because it was a snake and it was like he didnt care...

it's sucky that AAE is probably the only people you can use for reptile freight but there is so many bad stories out there about them!

I have been using them for 10 years or so. (both for selling and recieving) Probably done about 150 or more shippings. Never had a loss. Had a Jungle I purchased not taken off the plane in Sydney so he did a circumnavigation of Australia and arrived the next day, none the worse for wear. However did 2 shippings with Virgin and they lost one completely, and another shipment (of fish) turned up 5 hours later and 80% of the fish had died.
Glad they got out of the business........

AAE Coffs Harbour are by far the best branch that I've ever dealt with in the different areas that I have lived. Very helpful and go out of their way to make sure everything goes smoothly.
they where great , the guy didn't act like he hated snakes either which was good he actually seemed pretty interested in it all maybe its just a bit of a bonus of living away from major citys ;)

Aae just have good days and bad days, I think there now owned or run by startrack, we use them for glass and only ever on URGENT pieces do they go to the wrong part of the country..... As for live pets most ive spoken to wouldnt use anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back