what size is your snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan95

Reaction score
snake1.jpgsnake.jpg i have a 7 and a half month old carpet python who has just hit 80CM! he eats like a machine on 2 wiener mice every 10 days! heres some pretty recent photos of him :)

- - - Updated - - -

coastal carpet python

Whats the bird think of that, he looks a bit weary. (Which hisses loudest ha ha).

I have a 10 month old Murray Darling female that is 100-110cm | On one Weaner Rat every 7 days.

A male from the same clutch that is 60-70cm | On a Velvet Rat every 4-5 days.

And an unsexed Jungle that is 9.5 months old and 90-100cm | On a Hopper Rat every 7 days.

The male MD has been a pretty picky feeder so hence he is smaller than the others.

Not sure, I've never measured...

But I have had a few people say mine are the biggest snakes they've ever seen;)

lol typical men, they never know which snake wen it comes to measuring.

my smalled snake would be my bredi hatchies they are about 60cm and my largest is my BHP male who is roughly 8-9 foot though he does not stay still for me to measure so not 100% accurate.

lol typical men, they never know which snake wen it comes to measuring.

my smalled snake would be my bredi hatchies they are about 60cm and my largest is my BHP male who is roughly 8-9 foot though he does not stay still for me to measure so not 100% accurate.

As you handle him get someone else to run a piece of string along his body following the curves, then measure the string.

9 inches... wait are we talking about the same kind of snake?

Bragger :lol: Actually, mine is 12" long (but I dont use it as a rule) :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

As you handle him get someone else to run a piece of string along his body following the curves, then measure the string.

Who? the man or the snake? :shock:;)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 10 month old Murray Darling female that is 100-110cm | On one Weaner Rat every 7 days.

A male from the same clutch that is 60-70cm | On a Velvet Rat every 4-5 days.

And an unsexed Jungle that is 9.5 months old and 90-100cm | On a Hopper Rat every 7 days.

The male MD has been a pretty picky feeder so hence he is smaller than the others.

My MD is a picky feeder too.....

If you can actually get the door open enough to get the rat more than 1 cm inside the door...... he launches himself from wherever he is at the speed of light and smashes it:shock:.... rat, mouse...... hand :lol: He smashes at it that hard I have to have a free hand to catch him as he falls to the floor (no way he will let go of the rat tho):rolleyes: Yup, extremely picky ;)

He is just on 11 months old, 125cm and eats a couple of 65g rats every 10-14 days

My blonde spotty is about 69-70cm and turns 1 on the 20th of Nov. Im about to move her up to large weaner mice :)
Nice spotted Alex.

Mine don't stay still enough long enough to measure...they'll grab on to whatever is available (my bra, my hair, my piercings...). I'd approximate that my Diamond would be about a 130cm, and my Striped Coastal from memory about 60cm.

thanks! she's only 8 months old at them moment, she's actually probably a bit shy of 40cm actually :/ she's not large enough to take an eye off yet that's for sure!

Yeh they can be quick. When mine was that little i was afraid i was gonna break her bones if i squeezed to hard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back