Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could think of an even smarter comment for your 13th post?;)
oh be nice his only new dont try scaring him off already what he said was very reasonable
Dont buy inferior light fittings again, stick with the good ones you know :rolleyes:
capn rat bag , if you knew who the company was i doubt you would be saying there inferior , many people use their products and vouch for them
I would prefer to stay myself and not grow up if thats alright with you!
hmmm sounds like me peter pan off to never never land

Perfectly fine..... especially these days.... very normal. Just dont leave growing up too late..... you might regret it ;)

Woops, sorry, didnt mean to give you any advice :facepalm:

True it is very normal these days :p
I will regret it but oh well, whats the point in growing up if everyone is "supposed" to be dying anyway(21 Dec 2012)
Nah Jokes.

lol.

hmmm sounds like me peter pan off to never never land

Ha ha yeah, didnt think about that :p

oh be nice his only new dont try scaring him off already what he said was very reasonable

capn rat bag , if you knew who the company was i doubt you would be saying there inferior , many people use their products and vouch for them

Thommo..... awwww I had to just tease him a wee bit ;)

Well, if she is happy with the reptile direct fittings, stick with them? Not the other brand.... inferior or not.... besides, even some 'reputable' brands can make some junk..... or put thier name on junk products ;)

woops.... I hope no one confuses this with trying to help in any way :shock::lol:

i know what brand is being spoken of and it was the same brand that i have problems with and it is not inferior at all, a very well known brand and trusted by alot of us on here. i have since bought cheaper light fittings and they work great.

its good to be adults but its even better to be young at heart.

Last edited:
your welcome. if any of my reptiles had been injured by these light fittings they would have had a law suit on their hands. i buy truusted brands at top price i expect qulity.

i know what brand is being spoken of and it was the same brand that i have problems with and it is not inferior at all, a very well known brand and trusted by atlot of us on here. i have since bought cheaper light fittings and they work great.

its good to be adults but its even better to be young at heart.

So, if the usually good brand (that you and BH(@ have both had problems with) is actually junk (why wont anyone say what the bad one is?) then it might be time to stop thinking of that particular brand name as being any good? IE, if they are not that good (any more) then they are inferior? even tho they have supposedly got a good name? :lol:

i don't think were allowed to name and shame, and i don't know if they are sponsers on here or if sponsers sell this brand. also if you want to know which brand it is BH has offered to tell people if they PM her and ask.

BH if you still have your box check which contry makes these light fiiting. very interesting.

Please read the whole thread and what I actually wrote.
It is 1 company!!!!

I have been using Reptile Direct items as well as the faulty items(these are NOT by Reptile Direct!) and the reptile direct ones are great, they last for months, the ceramic fittings are great, I am extremely happy with their stuff.
So it is not my wiring, it is not the connections, it is the actual things itself. I contacted the company with these faulty items and have still not heard anything.

MODS - This can be locked, thank you! I am only letting people know... and all this has done is caused arguments, please lock this thread!
sorry for trying to help. if i was really nasty i could say alot more. enjoy your frustrations lol

i don't think were allowed to name and shame, and i don't know if they are sponsers on here or if sponsers sell this brand. also if you want to know which brand it is BH has offered to tell people if they PM her and ask.

BH if you still have your box check which contry makes these light fiiting. very interesting.
hmmm made in china , only just noticed , but so are my others that are of another very reputable brand and ive had those going for a year flat our no problems , those chinese can still produce quality even if they do punch out alot of crap

yes some stuff off them is good and alot is crap, it depends on who you buy off over there alot of places cut corners so they can produce cheaper items so big comapanies buy the cheapest stuff.

hmmm made in china , only just noticed , but so are my others that are of another very reputable brand and ive had those going for a year flat our no problems , those chinese can still produce quality even if they do punch out alot of crap

I reckon the problem might be with quality control rather than an overall bad product? Some chinese stuff is really good..... and some good named stuff is actually made in china. I know from someone who deals with chinese imports alot..... say a supplier buys 10,000 units of a 'thing', rather than a warranty return/fix service, the manufacturer supply 11,000 units (10% extra).... so if one comes back not working, the shop that ends up selling to the customer, just (should) replaces it.... the dead one goes back to the supplier. My friend is fairly high up in super *something or rather* auto who deal with china alot :rolleyes: Thats why if you get something faulty, they just replace it.... (and smash the dead one with a sledgie.... that is part of the contract)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually most people on here criticise me, hence the defensiveness...
I would prefer to stay myself and not grow up if thats alright with you!

Had to pop this in as a joke :lol: Just attempted humour ;) it's not funny

attachment removed - please read General Rule 1 and General Rule 2 - moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
BH, Wranga didn't suggest it was your wiring? He simply stated it would be a good idea to check 'the wiring' because it can cause bulbs to blow?

It's a good idea if you have bown a couple of globes to check your wiring anyway as the load created by a faulty unit/short can burnout your wiring and make it dangerous if you don't keep an eye on it.

When i first started keeping pythons i had bought a bag of poor quality(didnt know at the time) reptile bark from a big name petshop, Opened the bag up and a very large white-tip spider came charging out.
If something of this size can make it through just imagine all the harmful things we don't see! Very scary.

Just goes to show that spending a few extra dollars really is worth it!

Agreed Variety, believe it or not but the ceramic fitting was not cheap :/
Yeah it is pretty scary that things like that happen, what happened to the white-tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back