Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Op, why don't you put up a pic of your snakes enclosure, it may be too big which will stress your snake out. You shouldn't be trying to handle it if you have only just purchased it. If you get your husbandry correct you may find that your snake relaxes a lot more and is easier to handle.

Um only a few people on this thread actually provided support and help. Like when I said there isn't any ant breeders here, for the most part not all the members on here basically just said oh well just wait just wait another 4-5 months. Yeah turns out the thats not actually helping thats being negative. Helping would be recommending sites/sellers.

And when I got to breaking point, and said you know this jungle is more than I can handle I was greeted not by helpful comments of "perhaps selling it to a more experienced breeder" or "Hey I know it can be hard, but keep trying" (though it must be noted that Redfox, did provide helpful advice like this). Instead I was greeted by comments such as "See a shrink" or "You have NO idea" was this helpful, actually no it wasn't.

So im in the process of getting a Childrens Python and i'll post up some pics, and Ratbags and Gruni I would like to remind you or comments are not needed or wanted in my threads thank you

If you are genuinely looking for something and more or less ready to buy PM me and I will give you a contact who has some yearling Blonde Spotted pythons. I can vouch for the quality of his snakes and he is willing to freight.

Pretty sure that post from gruni was offering you some assistance... Maybe you should sit down with mummy and let her help you read back over the thread mate as there are many more that are helpful. Everyone has offered plenty of advice, you've refused to take it. I guess you've got about 5 and 3/4 months to get used to the jungle. It might warm to you by then...

"You have NO idea" was this helpful, actually no it wasn't.

So im in the process of getting a Childrens Python and i'll post up some pics, and Ratbags and Gruni I would like to remind you or comments are not needed or wanted in my threads thank you

Have a look at how much it took before you got THAT response. Any snake can be snappy and your jungle didn't even get benefit of the doubt before you wanted to off load it. You also have now been informed that you have 6months before you are allowed to sell it off your license.

You may not want my comments but while you tar me with an ignorant brush I will post... Albino and the others know that I am probably one of the most supportive posters for noobs looking to get a good handle on what they are doing and I stand by my posts in this thread to that end. It takes a lot to pish me off and even so far I have yet to pull a card as low as calling people racist like you have.

I advised you to be patient, I tried to hook you up with a breeder who could meet your needs right now, and telling you to wait a couple of months IS sound advice as there are breeders in your area who will have exactly what you were looking for in the current lot of hatchlings and in that time you will save more money for a stunning specimen. You wouldn't know good advice if it came and bit you in the face and I am willing to bet you won't even read this reply and take any of it onboard before you dis me again.

I bought a snake out of impulse, Not proud of it but i would of loved the advice youre getting! I felt i owed it to the snake to stick it out and very glad i did. If you're getting rid of a snake because its snappy i honestly do not know what to tell you. Do you enjoy this hobby because it allows you to view beautiful animals or so you're given the oppurtunity to snuggle up to some cold scaley predators ?

You cannot ask for advice, not accept what you're being told then lash out at the people for being confused and frustrated. The people that frequent these forums are amazing people, they don't have to post and help you at all. They arn't getting anything from it other then knowing they're contributing to the amazing hobby we've all fallen in love with.

ON TOPIC; Jungles are harder to care for then you're beginner snakes such as your macs and childrens but they arn't impossible to keep as a beginner. Seeing as you have little to no choice you're going to have to study and be patient. Understand that snakes arn't their for your beneffit to hold and to get out infront of your friends. Just learn to accept critisism and as difficult as it may be, know that these people here helping you are doing it out of their own good will and as long as you've got the determination to care for a jungle you'll be more then fine.

Also don't get angry at posters for pointing out mistakes that you yourself have admitted to,

Happy keeping -

I won't rise to that one openly Irbz. :lol: But you know how it is with common sense... it's not so common anymore. ;)

haha was just trying to make it sound as off putting as i could! Also as we're on the subject of poor husbandry i do believe cold would still be acceptable :p

Op, why don't you put up a pic of your snakes enclosure, it may be too big which will stress your snake out. You shouldn't be trying to handle it if you have only just purchased it. If you get your husbandry correct you may find that your snake relaxes a lot more and is easier to handle.

If he has an enclosure... or snake :rolleyes:;)

Dude, you learn by your mistakes. Yes you should of done a lot of resurch befor hand, but it to late now, so saying your going to get rid of it cause is snappy ( ill take it if its free) every snake is snappy at frist,
how long have you have it let it settle for a few weeks.
Also my sister did the same thing as you she wanted a snake.. Next weeks she got one. Then made 100's of thread's about
" my snake keeps striking at me "
" when do snakes poo"
" how long can snakes hold there breath"
so heaps of people have done it.
But in a year or 2 you will regreat selling it or giving it a way.
It like giving away you child cause it bites you,

blakey

:facepalm:

Can't believe no-one's called this yet but....
dibs on the jungle!
I'm sure it would make a great friend to my children's python... ;)

Wow alot has happened in this thread since I last looked at it. Firstly, OP I would think very carefully before accusing others of racism when there have been no racist remarks made. All you are doing is alienating yourself from members of the forum. Like what I advised earlier (and I serious suggest you take it this time) is leave this thread alone, calm down, and take your time making a decision. Saying things like "I'm getting a childrens and that's it" sound like you are making another brash decision.

Secondly, waiting is excellent advice. The majority of the hobby is waiting, you get used to it. Alot of hatchies are available form mid dec onwards, if you had waited you would have had a lot more choice and ended up with something perfect.

Thirdly, i grew up in Cairns and only moved to Melbourne in feb. I know what it is like. One of my friends used to keep and breed a variety of different pythons including childreni, she never had a problem getting quality stock shipped up. So that is no excuse.

Irbz I wonder what happened to fulmer. :)

Last edited:
Um only a few people on this thread actually provided support and help.u
do i really have to multi quote every single piece of useful advice that gruni , rat bag myself and many many others have given you through out this thread , its going to be one bloody long post full of quotes if i do , doubt ill be able to fit them all into one post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back