Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeaal

Reaction score
Oh dear - am going to have to upgrade my license because I just learned about Rough-Scaled Pythons, fell in love and now I have to have one. God, what is wrong with me? Does this happen to everyone????

i want one lots and lots but WA licensing people are stupid heads

Roughies are beautiful snakes but can be fussy to start with. My mate has two yearlings and they have a gorgeous nature to them but he said they can be fussy eaters and his male eats 3 fuzzy mice per feed because he doesn't like the smell of larger ones, and before I get all the stuff about how to entice them my mate has 20 or so years experience with a variety of snakes. He isn't worried at this point and I'm sure he will sort it out as time goes by especially now that they are getting more active in te warmer weather. His are just starting to feel rough now that they are a year old.

They are great snakes. You get some that are great feeders non stop and will not refuse food, some that are abit picky and some that are on and off, if you get worried when your snake doesn't want to feed then best get a yearling or older, the hatchies can feed and still turn out to be picky. Either way they're great snakes and I wouldn't be turned away from them because of their feeding habits. There are more and more now that will be more consistant feeders as they're better established in captivity.

I wasn't trying to put them off No-Two, it was just a discussion I was having on Sat while holding one of my mate's Roughies and he was saying there is debate at the moment in NSW about putting them back to a cat 1 license but for now they are staying cat 2 because of the feeding issues for inexperienced keepers. They are by no doubt a top notch snake to have in your collection.

If it is.... Oooooo Ooooo Pick Me! PICK ME!!!! :D

The good thing about Vic is reptile laws are really relaxed I got an advanced liscence straight away. No basic, no proving my handling skills, nothing just filled in a form, sent a check, got my liscence in the mail 2weeks later.

I love roughies. Fantastic snakes. Although from what I've heard, people seem to either love them to bits or else wonder what's so good about them.

It's not just you Xeaal! hehe One day, when a nice one comes along. It shall be mine, oh yes, it shall be mine.

Can you wait to upgrade your licence until September though? :)

Lol no sorry Xeaal, but I'm getting a new jungle female. :) [/QUOTE]

Doh! Oh well, I will just have to admire and enjoy the pics you post of your new baby. What type of jungle is she?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just you Xeaal! hehe One day, when a nice one comes along. It shall be mine, oh yes, it shall be mine.

Can you wait to upgrade your licence until September though? :)

In Victoria you just pay the difference between the month you apply for your license and however long it is til next September; it is done on a pro-rata basis.

The good thing about Vic is reptile laws are really relaxed I got an advanced liscence straight away. No basic, no proving my handling skills, nothing just filled in a form, sent a check, got my liscence in the mail 2weeks later.

I wouldn't say that's a good thing. Convenient yes, but potentially harmful both to individuals and herp-keeping on the whole because of idiots who don't know what they're doing and don't want to learn.

Anyway, back on topic, sorry! Xeall, you most definitely are not the only one. The only things stopping me from upgrading right now are that I don't have enough room in my house and I don't want to die (I'm not very good at not getting bitten yet, even though I know it's because I'm slack), because if I got an advanced, I'd have to get a croc, an RBB, and an RSP, and a GTP, and... :D

Haha, i know that feel! I am getting my second GTP in a month or two, and I know it will lead to more and more and more. Not looking forward to going to the trouble of applying ad paying for the advanced keepers license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back