Water Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have comments on their water python's personality's as mine loves to be close to me when out of the enclosure but can be cage defensive at times as well as just after having a feed

+1 for Kel and Julie Worely's Water pythons as they have great animals for a first snake

mine can be great then all of a sudden go phyco also has a very strong feeding response. i think they have bipolar lol, one minute placid then all of a sudden agressive and crazy.

Yea mine is placid most of the time when out of the enclosure but when put back in the enclosure after handling or cleaning out enclosure she strikes at the door of the enclosure trying to get me when I walk past

Bought her some drift wood as a climbing perch but spends most of the time around the power cord for the heat panel on the ceiling (power cord has clip ceiling supports)

This is my boyfriend's water python. One of the first python's I ever held, love them!

View attachment 270903

- - - Updated - - -

This is my new girl, coming up for three months old. She was a little snappy for her six weeks or so but is lovely now. Taking two adult mice per feed about twice per week. Excuse the grass covering her face!

SdajisnewWaterPythoninMarch2012.jpg

Gorgeous! Love the reflection that water pythons have :)

Until I saw one in person I didn't really appreciate it, but even at night they look amazing.

Can't wait for Bella to get that big

- - - Updated - - -

I think water pythons are an ideal first snake

- - - Updated - - -

I think water pythons are an ideal first snake

Assorted pics of my fuscus.. just under yearling in these pics:

The tape reads in at 900mm

Attachments

• PB190108.jpg
    PB190108.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 162
  • PB190120.jpg
    PB190120.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 165
  • PB190113.jpg
    PB190113.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 151
  • PB190111.jpg
    PB190111.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 154
Does anyone have comments on their water python's personality's as mine loves to be close to me when out of the enclosure but can be cage defensive at times as well as just after having a feed

+1 for Kel and Julie Worely's Water pythons as they have great animals for a first snake

Mine loves to be close to me also...but close i mean latching onto me..shes a nasty female no matter what...b4 a feed after a feed b4 a shed..after a shed shes satans daughter...but you get that...

I find keeping water pythons well fed keeps their darker side at bay. One of mine wanted to eat anything that touched it, so I upped her feed some what and she has now settled into a lovely animal. Still food responsive, but once she realises there is no food, she is fine. I am looking forward to this seasons clutch hatching out, they are such cool critters... :D:D

Daz

Hey guys, do people keeping water pythons find that theyll climb a fair bit? Im getting an enclosure that is taller rather than wider and wondering if a water python would be suitable. Thanks

Yes my water python loves to climb

- - - Updated - - -

The past few days not only due to the heat and also my water python is in shed mode but loves being in the water bowl

I would just like to bump this thread as I have only just discoverd the water python after going the r1 list on the net. I think they are hands down the most beutifull snakes I have ever seen.
now I'm realy realy new to reptile keeping but I thaught it would be a great medium/large snake to grow and learn with, also my partner is a what you would call anti snake after hearing about the children that have been killed by pythons over in the states, so through what I have gathered here the best way is to just bring the snake home and beg forgiveness haha.
whats the chance of picking one up at the newcastle expo? Is it even a good snake to have for a first one?
P.S I don't realy like the look of womas so they are out, unless I meet one in person and can't say no that is :-D

Bump.... Surely there are some water python owners out there...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are so beautiful and have so much personality. This is my girl, Spirit.

Attachments

• Spirit 9.jpg
    Spirit 9.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Spirit 2.jpg
    Spirit 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Spirit 7.jpg
    Spirit 7.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 144
nice waters pythons everyone.
ive heared NT waters have a more orange bellies and Qld's have yellow, does any one know if this is true?
also does anyone keep them with a large water area, like a cage on top of a fish tank sorta thing? if so id love to see pics.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back