Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ssssakes,
If you were to do it again, would you ever consider getting glass doors that "open up into the hallway area"? You could still lock them appropriately, etc., it just means that you now have doors that open up rather than slide. You mentioned that even through you modified the design of the rolling system so they slide easier without glass chipping and the rolling mechanisms coming out all the time, the doors were still quite heavy.
What are your thoughts? Is there anything else that you would differently now that everything is completed?
Matt

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

@ Snapped - There is an air vent at the bottom on one side wall and the top of the other side wall - just realised you can't see them in the pics. Also, where the glass doors cross over at the front, there's a 10mm gap all the way down the front of the enclosure - that's why I had to put my BHP in there 'cause he's huge and no chance of escape!

@Crazy_Snake08 - I haven't really thought about doing anything differently, I'm just really pleased with the way it turned out - it certainly is a conversation piece when people come to visit! I had a vision when I created it and it turned out exactly the way I wanted - if anything, I would have liked it a little deeper, but I had to work with the space I have. A deeper enclosure would have allowed for a larger strangler fig to more completely fill the enclosure - but the bigger the strangler fig, the wider it is. As for having the doors open up into the hallway, I really don't think I could get hinges that would hold the doors they're so heavy and an adult does not really struggle to open them. I think I prefer them sitting in the tracks and at least that way, their weight is supported evenly along the bottom. My 11 & 13 year old kids open them with a little effort but they really do not bother me - other than having to wipe the fingerprints off every time we open & close the doors!

I'm curious as to how much it cost for the background.

Wow man im jealous, it makes my enclosures look like cardboard boxes, truly impressive

I Would love to put this in my house!

Big olive python or the albino red belly snake ranch has
would be amazing.

This is definitely one of the best enclosures around... Super impressive to say the least...

Would be an awesome enclosure for some frillys :). Awesome work mate, got to be happy with how it came out. Can only imagine the cost of the rock wall.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back