Help with possible egg binding and odd mouth collor in bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
Three days ago my new bearded dragon that I had brought the day before laid 2 eggs (she was in with a central bearded dragon, she is a coastal bearded dragon).
She laid them a few minutes before dark and after laying two she fell asleep, it has now been three days and she still has eggs in her, I am not sure if it is egg binding or the heat lamp just dryed out the substrate and she decided that she wanted a new place to lay but I have not seen her digging.

The thing is she is not showing any signs of eggs binding she is basking and moving to cooler areas, she is alert, she has not eaten , but was looking at it when I offered it too her like she was trying to decide weather of not to go for it, but I don't think was she was a very aggressive feed to start with.

I moved her out side yesterday as the previous owner said she liked to have a bit of time out side and as it was bigger that the inside enclosure I figured that she would have more options of laying sites.
I am not sure how much calcium the previous owner had in her diet, she (the bearded dragon) is under 2 years old and snout to vent is about 20 - 25cm, Just so you know I would not have breed her at that age or size, she already was gravid when I got her.
The previous owner has had a clutch of eggs before from her about 4-5 weeks ago, but they all dehydrated.
Also for the record I am not going to hatch the eggs that I get from her as they are a cross.

I have also noticed today that her mouth looked to be a bit pale - pic -
IMG_4583.jpgIMG_4584.jpg

Thanks for your help in advance
Trench

Hey the best thing you can do is GENTLY put her in a box and take her to a reptile vet. I dont think anyone on this site can really help you without seeing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back