Posting Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
I am getting some Burns dragons, and the seller is unable to make it to the airport on week days and the airport don't freight animals on the weekends, so they will have to be couriered.
What is the best and cheapest courier service that you know of and would recommend?
The seller recons that it would be around $100 for express post, but I am not sure if express post can be trust not to leave them in a hot vehicle.
Thanks
Trench

It is illegal to send reptiles through the postal system, and this includes Express Post.

Jamie

Ok could you recommend a animal courier service?
Thanks

I can't suggest one off-hand, but if you tell us where they're coming from (& I guess they're going to Gympie), I'd be surprised if someone here can't suggest a way to get them to you. There are couriers which do carry reptiles, you'll need to weigh up the distance = time thing and research the bst alternative.

Jamie

i have had reptiles delivered to me from sydney to port macquarie using "fastaway couriers" maybe you could have a look at their site

Trench, I've sent and received herps via AaE on Saturdays before in NSW, surely it's the same in QLD? Worth asking.

I've also had reptiles sent and received via Barnetts which is a courier service.

Thanks guys for the help I am geting them from a guy in NSW
I think I have got a courier sorted, so look forward to seeing my new additions in a few weeks (export permit takes a bit to get organized)

For Starters Express Post is $10 up to 1kg so his quote of $100 is BS.
Other road couriers cost between $45 and $100, the cheapest I have found is Fastway.
Also export permits in NSW for animals on a basic license can be applied for instantly online now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back