Saw-shell & long neck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noongato

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I havnt been on here in a small eternity but recently(ish) someone dropped off a wild turtle, so before he was released I took a few photos to compare my saw-shell to a standard long neck as for some reason most of my house visitors cant tell the difference....

423035_383744235043245_2122779611_n.jpg

Neck length ... serrated coastals ... plate on superior surface of head ... shape of head ... nope, no difference at all.

Awesome looking turtles though. Is the long neck C. longicollis, expansa, or rugosa? I'd hazard C. longicollis, mostly due to the stripes which I can see peaking out from the plastron.

Have posted this photo before but it has been a while. 6 different species all together! If you have not seen it before have a go at naming them all.

Baby Turtles.jpg

Something, something, something, something, something and something....thats all i know lol

Hahaha Here I was thinking, wheres the 6th one?

yeah most people that come over don't know the difference but i try to teach my niece and nephews the difference so there maybe hope for the future generation. i own krefts, murry river, saw shelled and eastern long necks and no one has ever been able to tell which is which in my house except me.

what camera and lense are you using , i love those photos :shock:

Hey bohdi, I use a canon DSLR and the el cheapo 50mm 1.8 portrait lens and lots of patience as they didnt sit still!!
I take photos as a hobby and post them on my facebook page and im so uninventive i just call it 'midnightserval photography'
Heres a link if you want to sticky beak - Midnightserval Photography | Facebook

- - - Updated - - -

Cripes saintanger, one is enough! I get so fed up with tank maintenance! He has a need to re decorate it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back