OEH Reptile Ballet (SCHEYVILLE)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamahu

Not so new Member
Reaction score
in case anyone else is interested, i recieved this email a few minutes ago.

The Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) is conducting a ballot for reptile placements to licensees living in the Scheyville area.

The following animals have been identified for the OEH and are advertised as:

1x Diamond Python Morelia spilota spilota Approximately 1.5 metres
1x Black-headed Python Aspidites melanocephalus Approximately 1.8 metres

Please note: Whilst every effort has been made to correctly identify the species, OEH cannot guarantee the level of accuracy as these animals may have been seized during law enforcement investigations or their origin is unknown.

The return of these animals to the wild is not a responsible conservation option.

How to Register:

To be included in the ballot you must submit your registration to [email protected] by 8.00 AM Friday 23 November 2012. Late applications will not be accepted.

Registration details must include the following:

1. The words OEH SCHEYILLE REPTILE BALLOT in the title of the email
2. Your current NSW Animal Keepers’ Licence number
3. Your full name
4. Your residential and postal address
5. The species you are interested in; or if you are interested in more than one species your order of preference
7. Your contact number between 1.00pm to 2.00pm on Friday 23 November 2012.
Failure to supply the above information or if you have not lodged recent fauna records, may result in your registration being excluded from the ballot.

Successful applicants:

1. Will be notified by phone between 1.00pm to 2.00pm on Friday 23 November 2012
2 Must be available to collect the animals from the NPWS Scheyville Area Office at a date and time to be confirmed.
3. Must bring a clean pillow case and and an enclosed hard-shelled container to transport the animal.

OEH recommends a veterinarian assessment be undertaken of the animals prior to inclusion in existing collections; and OEH strongly encourages a strict hygiene regime.

Regards
Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit
National Parks & Wildlife Service
Office of Environment & Heritage
Department of Premier & Cabinet

PO Box 1967
HURSTVILLE NSW 1481

Phone: 02 9585 6406 Facsimile: 02 9585 6401
Email: [email protected]

Did you know that you can apply for most scientific, animal keeper and import/export licences online at Government Licensing Service | Government services, simplified

Does anyone know how these emails are distributed? This is the first one I've ever received and I'm thinking maybe because it's at an OEH office close to where I live. Or is it a random thing and just luck of the draw?

dunno there have been ballots near my place and i have never recieved an email ever. and they told me it gets mailed to everyone in that area and they double checked my email address was right and that it was on the system but still i have never recieved an email.

Basically you put your name in the ballot and if you get it you go pick it up. Most of the time it's from a wires career.
You should get the email if the animal is in you local area and you have entered a valid email address into the electronic system.

Reading the thread title I was expecting snakes and lizards in pink tutus! :lol: And no, I never receive any emails either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back