Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of any course that covers bird netting, but as a snake catcher you will encounter it. Not to mention snakes in cars, cluttered garages and even christmas trees!

C
Concerning your first comment I would like to see you applie your methods to a scrubie or any other python in a ceiling? and what do you do when its not a snake in the ceiling and find out its a goanna.

Bigbanger was talking about wild vens more than likely in the scrub/in someones garden..... not pythons :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Try this without skin to scale:)!....a latex glove would have been good....but I know what you mean.

That would have been a pain in the rrr's if you didnt notice it :shock:

Most people would just flush :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

, we have had very few come back to us and say they were faced with a situation they couldn't tackle using the techniques we have taught them

Maybe all the others got bitten and carked it? :shock:

Just joshin' :facepalm: sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

so how would you go about removing a 6 foot brown out of a shed that is full of conola seed bags, barley, wheat and any other grain farmers like to stuff in their sheds that weigh 30+ kg's without toughing the snake?

Shovel? A 12 gauge? :lol:

That would have been a pain in the rrr's if you didnt notice it :shock:

Most people would just flush :lol:

That was an added extra...she did! Several times, with hot water and bleach added to the cocktail. Needless to say, it was a very shiny snake after a polish up:)!

Peter,

my course covers alum cans, netting, wire mesh and glue traps

wowsers! i have done 2 courses plus worked in the profesional reptile indusrty and there is no way that company should be passing people on a one day course! (both courses were over a 2 day period 8am to 5pm and held by well known people in the herp world)

So did you pass and do you think 4 days is satisfactory?

Are you able to expand on this Junglelove? What's your role in the professional reptile industry, and who have you completed your courses with? Why don't you think it's possible to teach people what they need to know in a single day? I have worked in a professional capacity, specifically with venomous snakes, for the last 9 years and I seem to think it's totally possible.

We host a pass/fail course, and don't hesitate to fail people. However, the vast majority are able to pick up the techniques and knowledge quite rapidly. When you break it down, it's all quite simple. It's important to remember we're not teaching people how to tail, how to keep stuff in captivity or how to perform head restraints. As I've said earlier, the proof is in the pudding - 2000+ trained individuals, many of whom have set up their own relocation businesses which are quite successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back