anyone know where I find something like this??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was going through the how to make cheap snake racks and I found this one How to build a cheap snake rack - YouTube would anyone in Sydney know of any good places that would have this type of rack or something simular? originally they are used for tools but they make a nice light rack.

cheers

I'd be worried about heating, doesn't seem very efficient to me due to the grating. But I suppose if you're somewhere warm this wouldn't matter as much!

I use an old bookshelf with the back pushed out for my hatchie rack. Not very pretty I guess, but works fine for me.

I'd be worried about heating, doesn't seem very efficient to me due to the grating. But I suppose if you're somewhere warm this wouldn't matter as much!
you just buy heat tape and place it on each level thats easy to fix :)

- - - Updated - - -

i modified this wall unit into a hatch stack/3 bay enclosure but it only has room for 26 tubs not enough for next season and i just want to go with somthing thats tall and holds twice as much.
View attachment 271456View attachment 271455

Last edited:
Thank you :) it is nice and would of been perfect for when I only had 1 female but now I have 4 and its just taking up space I could use for 2 tall hatchy stacks.

Take the word cheap out of the equation and I'm sure a lot can help. If you have gone to the effort of breeding then make sure your hatchie rack is top notch. If its not for hatchies I'd still say buy the best you can get or build the best you can afford

Take the word cheap out of the equation and I'm sure a lot can help. If you have gone to the effort of breeding then make sure your hatchie rack is top notch. If its not for hatchies I'd still say buy the best you can get or build the best you can afford

ok going with what you've said I found this Snake Bytes TV - "How It's Made" Snake Racks - YouTubedoes anyone know how much I'm looking at and where in sydney I could get to make me one? thanx muchly

Last edited:
Easiest way I found is find the containers you wish to use, take them to a kitchen cabinet maker or joiner and ask them to make a rack to suit just make sure you router out a groove or two for the heat cord. The newer type of white melamine is waterproof enough for snake cages.

Easiest way I found is find the containers you wish to use, take them to a kitchen cabinet maker or joiner and ask them to make a rack to suit just make sure you router out a groove or two for the heat cord. The newer type of white melamine is waterproof enough for snake cages.

oh thats a good idea :) thank you I have been wondering what and how you go about getting them to make them up. do you have pics of your racks? and how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back