My First Snake Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your wrist tattoo would have hurt more than a bite from that little shoe lace :)

Yep as every one said the bites are nothing at that age...

Having said that I still remember the fear of getting tagged, so I can understand... But when u do get tagged ur gonna have a laugh about it and think of us all here!

Good luck and let us know how u go.

I know how scary it can be knowing your attempting to hold an apex predator but i cannot stress enough how let down i was when i got my first bite, Funnily enough i was wearing gloves at the time and got tagged on the wrist. Took gloves off strait away haha i cannot believe how scared i was before i had even been bitten.

For food i just drop a rat in a cup of hot water(from tap) and dry it off with a tee towel about 10 minutes later. If i feel the stomach is still hard ill then get another cup and repeat.
Beautiful little snake you have, i hope you do decide to keep it because they're really not hard to keep. If you need anything you're deffinatly in the right place so good luck

I LUV JUNGLES!!!! Absolutely gorgeous one you have there!!!!!

My hatchling jungle got a mixed personality with my bredli :p A lovely placid Jungle hatcho but an up-tight-you-come-near-me-I'll-bite-you-bredli hatcho!

The bite doesn't hurt, you don't even notice it! I always try to avoid gloves because I get scared their teeth might get hooked on the fabric....but that's just me being a worry wort!!!!
They calm down with handling :) Try to avoid handling around a grup of people to start off with. Start with just you in a quiet room and once you both start feeling comfortable you can move her around other people. I just find this settles them easier :)

Aww, she's cute!
Glad to see you're getting around to handling her now, even if it's with gloves. My little man decided he was sick of being on my hand and suddenly tried to wriggle all up my face yesterday! Now that made me nervous!!

You'll get tagged eventually, and think "now what was I worried about?"

Great looking snake, great to see you are making the effort and giving her a chance.

Its also not uncommon for snakes to be little puppies with their owner, but turn into demons when others try to handle.

haha! I bought my python with my girlfriend and every time she tries to handle my little one she instantly curls up into an S, but she's a complete angel with me. (note: my girlfriend has her own snake as well)

edit: being bitten doesn't hurt at all, but I did happen to get bitten during feeding time on my finger, she wrapped around and wouldn't let go until she calmed down (didn't know the luke warm water trick at that time... wish i had, walked around with a snake curled up on my finger)

Good to see you're keepin it and giving it a chance mate. As everyone has said at that size it's not gonna bother you at all if it bites mate... In saying that though, my jungle of about the same size decided I was food the other day. It latched on to the webbing in between my thumb and index finger. It held on for about 10 mins. That did actually hurt a little. But for the most part you won't even know its tagged you. Good luck with it mate

Your gf wear perfume alot? Could be whats causing the lil one to get angry :p

haha! I bought my python with my girlfriend and every time she tries to handle my little one she instantly curls up into an S, but she's a complete angel with me. (note: my girlfriend has her own snake as well)

edit: being bitten doesn't hurt at all, but I did happen to get bitten during feeding time on my finger, she wrapped around and wouldn't let go until she calmed down (didn't know the luke warm water trick at that time... wish i had, walked around with a snake curled up on my finger)

Very cute little snake - jungles get a bad rep. I used to work for a lady who ran reptile parties, and the snakes we brought were always jungles. Never had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back