farewell to a good friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

borntobnude

For the last 13 years Harry has called our backyard his home ,only on the rare occaision our neighbour asked if harry was at home .
He has never gone further down the driveway than the house line ,always turned up for a feed and never declied a pat .

For a $6 grey rabbit he was best friend to my son from the age of 4 and has been part of our family all of our daughters life .

On the small positive we can now have a veggie garden in the backyard , which will anoy a few neighbours as they will now have to grow their own !!!!!!!

It will be a sad night at our house tonight
RIP HARRY RABBIT :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry for your loss :( Rip Harry, enjoy eating your carrots up in the skies.

Did you think before posting that, he obviously liked it and that's your response?

RIP Harry

i could never do it to one of mine.....even i'd give my obese whale of a cat a proper burial...

My first coment to the family was "can we feed him to Alice " the BHP and my wife said probably not as she just had 2 xxl rats

Never easy losing ones pet regardless of how you choose their "burial". Thoughts are with you mate.

Did you recycle it as snake food

Really inconsiderate. This guy obviously loved it as a pet. How would you feel if I hypothetically fed one of your dead kids to a Burmese python. Probably wouldn't like it would you. It was a part of his family and I'm sure he will be missed.
R.I.P Harry, now you got all the carrots in the world.

hahaha sorry, just looked at the post afterwards and saw he wanted to. Bit confusing considering your first post. Sorry bout that one.

It is very sad ,but life goes on .I have alredy relocated some herbs to the backyard and tomorrow i will throw away the cupboard that he chewed into to make his sleeping quarters 10 yrs ago .
He was the last mammal pet that i will own as the attachment bit really does get to me and my wife . We love all of our pets (phasmids included ) but is har to get close to an insect

Sorry about losing harry nudie.....thats awsome he lived to 12 tho..... well done, must have been one happy bunny :D

Condolences tho.

I have lost pet rats which upsets me tho.... I still feed them to my snakes tho. If I dug a hole in the back paddock and buried it, the foxes would dig it up and eat it... the worms would get it..... I would rather it 'lived on' in one of my fave snakes. (I am totally serious, by the way on this one)

- - - Updated - - -

but is hard to get close to an insect

Dont worry, when you cark it.... the insects will get close to you :shock: (unless you get toasted);)

- - - Updated - - -

Really inconsiderate. This guy obviously loved it as a pet. How would you feel if I hypothetically fed one of your dead kids to a Burmese python. Probably wouldn't like it would you. It was a part of his family and I'm sure he will be missed.

hahaha sorry, just looked at the post afterwards and saw he wanted to. Bit confusing considering your first post. Sorry bout that one.

Dont worry TM...... Thats just wrightpython..... If he said something nice.... we would all panic :shock: Good to know everything is in balance in the aps universe (for now) ;)

I'm trying to be nice I just prefer shooting from the hip and to me a shovels a shovel unless of cause its a spade but that's another story. When my cat died non of my snakes were big enough so I sold it to a mate to feed he's scrubbie then two days later she was reincarnated as a new kitten that I found feral as and living behind my factory, she now has pride of place on my pillow. I also ate Penelope our pig but only cause it was Xmas and we were having a BBQ.

RIP little bunny.

Not that confusing really. I'm all for sentimentality, but I believe that at the end of the day, once an animal (or person) is dead, it's just a corpse. It is a vacant meat-bag, and might as well be re-used instead of going to waste. My partner was quite disgusted with me the other day when I said that when one of my pet rats dies (she's getting pretty long in the tooth, so it won't be long now:() I will feed her body to a snake. Even though I have said on many occasions that when I die I want to be ground up and fed to the dogs. He confuses me sometimes.
Incidentally, if I did have a dead kid, after its organs had been donated, I wouldn't find if you fed it to a Burmese, though I'd probably prefer if you fed it to a Scrub.
Personally, I don't see how shoving a corpse underground to rot in a box is a better way of honoring their memory as opposed to allowing said corpse to fulfil its place in the food chain.

Dont worry nudie, I just held a little seance with myself and got to talk to harry.... He said for me to thank you guys for him, for being the best family a bunny could have hoped for :D He told me to tell you he is hanging out in the big carrot patch in the sky.... with half a dozen playboy bunnies ;)

Dont worry nudie, I just held a little seance with myself and got to talk to harry.... He said for me to thank you guys for him, for being the best family a bunny could have hoped for :D He told me to tell you he is hanging out in the big carrot patch in the sky.... with half a dozen playboy bunnies ;)

Thank you Ratty and everyone else .It was a tough night listening to my children sob themselves to sleep . but life goes on :D:cry:

RIP little bunny.

Not that confusing really. I'm all for sentimentality, but I believe that at the end of the day, once an animal (or person) is dead, it's just a corpse. It is a vacant meat-bag, and might as well be re-used instead of going to waste. My partner was quite disgusted with me the other day when I said that when one of my pet rats dies (she's getting pretty long in the tooth, so it won't be long now:() I will feed her body to a snake. Even though I have said on many occasions that when I die I want to be ground up and fed to the dogs. He confuses me sometimes.
Incidentally, if I did have a dead kid, after its organs had been donated, I wouldn't find if you fed it to a Burmese, though I'd probably prefer if you fed it to a Scrub.
Personally, I don't see how shoving a corpse underground to rot in a box is a better way of honoring their memory as opposed to allowing said corpse to fulfil its place in the food chain.

Not everyone is as "practical" as you, disntegratus, or Wrightpython.
Some people are sentimental....
Obviously the OP err's on the practical side so no offence taken it seems.

On the other hand, I just lost my horse who I've had since I was about 7 (I'm 25 now). If someone sugggested to me I should cut her up and feed her to my dogs I would be disgusted and devastated. Maybe guage the owners response before suggesting ways of body disposal

- - - Updated - - -

RIP bunny.
I'm sure he's enjoying his big pasture in the sky. Hopefully your kidies recover quickly from their shock.
For your sake and theirs!!

being someone who was perviously "owned" by a rabbit for the same length of time I send my sincere condolences on your loss. Rabbits do make the best pets being a combination of dog cat and human. There is no greater experience then being their servant and not a day goes by where I don't miss her. I had her for over half my life, they have some wonderful quirks and really steal your heart. I had her cremated and when I find the perfect resting spot she will remain with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back