Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosco

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wandering what your opinion is on the use for Kritters Crumble? I'm getting a stimsons pythons... And I live in the lower part of Western Australia... Thanks :)

It's awesome. Use it. Easy to spot clean and reasonably cheap. I think it looks alright as well.

There must be a million threads on this stuff already... FWIW it's great.

Substrates really are a personal choice though everyone has different preferences

Check out aspen chips aswell, i've tried both and prefer the aspen. It's not dusty and does the same stuff and better that kritters crumble does.

Okay.. I do like the look of sand... And since my snake is a desert snake it would be better for it.. Would it?

I use it for my woma which are desert dwelling. They love digging around in it. Should be fine for a stimmi. I haven't tried aspen so I can't really comment on that but it seem a bit more expensive. As for it getting smelling I'm a bit pedantic with cleaning so I haven't had that problem. I

Don't use sand.
Krumble is fine for stimsons
I have been using krumble for a while now but can't get it anywer lately so might change.
I isn't the best at reducing smell but for the price it's good

Don't use sand.
I have been using krumble for a while now but can't get it anywer lately so might change.

Sorry to go off topic but why is it that you're not allowed to use sand in WA. I personally don't like sand but I don't see why it would be illegal especially for desert species.

Basically you can't use sand becuase of the risk of pathogens and disease harming the snake. As part of your licence conditions you have to abide by the care sheets that DEC have. They state not to use it for this reason and since it is a licence condition you can't use it. As for Kritters Krumble, go to bunnings and buy some coir peat. It's exactly the same stuff but about 20% of the cost. it comes in brick form and you rehydrate it and dry it out before using it. Just make sure you buy the ones without added fertillisers. You can also look at hemp bedding I have some I am about to give a go when I run out of coir peat.

Ok that makes sense. I live in Melbourne but was curious as WA seems to be the only one that bans it. Isn't coir peat dusty?

- - - Updated - - -

I keep waiting for the newpaper and breeders choice supporter to turn up. They tend to be pretty vocal :)

Hemp bedding will be available soon at Victorian Reptiles in Hoppers Crossing. Looks great, absorbant, safe and inexpensive.

Don't use sand.

Should I use fine or coarse kritters crumble?

Anything from the pet shop other than sand is one just depends what u like the look of, I just bough a block of coir Pete from bunnings or $1.70 and makes 9litres, basically same stuff as krumblenbu gota wet and dry it yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back