Help with breeding bristlenose catfish?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilez123

Reaction score
just wondering if you can breed a albino with a normal back bristlenose? and any tips or tricks to get them to breed?

Yes they will breed together best way is to wait for rainy day, do a 1/4 water change lower water temp, have PVC pipe in floor oh feed them zacheni, and cucumber for a little while before this and walla you will have little yellow eggs clumped together.

Yes they are good parents, well the male is, a few water changes in a week does get them 'in the mood', they need caves, or hides, or somewhere to claim and keep the eggs. If you want more info pm me.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/animals-5363/aquariums-fish-187504/page/43

- - - Updated - - -

Try that thread as well- fish people

As people have said, a water change will trigger it but prior to that, skip a few and let the tank sit for a while before a water change. Works a treat.
If it's just BNs in there leave it for a few weeks/months.

also i forgot to add i have afew guppies and swordtails and i was wondering would they eat the babies or eggs

the male bristlenose guards the babies and will scare of other fish so dont worry. As others said do 60% water changes and feed them on carrots, beans or zuchinis and cuccumbers. I just bred a male albino with a normal girl and got 80% albinos.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back