Confused woma?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I caught my womas in the act a few times this season and thought for a while that I may get eggs, although now she doesn't appear to be gravid physically (Can't feel any lumps and doesn't seem to have put on weight).

The odd thing though is that she seems to think she has eggs waiting, she has been lying belly up for the last week or so.

I was just wondering if there would be any other reason for her doing this or is she just confused?

I hope your right, it's just odd that she hasn't put on any size and I can't feel any follicles.

Womas are weird snakes. I guess time will tell if she is gravid or not.

You will no if she is gravid in a couple to a few weeks time she will start to get fat from mid body section downwards has she shed recently or looks like she is coming into one?
Caleb.

Well could very well be her pre-lay shed what has she been acting like usually when they are at that stage all they do is get heat and curl up in there hide and is she eating or not?

That's the thing, in every way she is normal... Still eats and does everything as normal apart from that I keep catching her belly up lol

Really well If she is still eating i don't think she would be gravid I just had my female lay 4 days ago and she wouldn't eat at all when she was gravid and all she did was get heat and curl up in her hide then in the last week or so before she layed she started moving around the cage a fair bit but yeah she was laying belly up a lot to but once they start laying belly up you should deffs no if she if gravid or not she will be bigger from middle downwards

- - - Updated - - -

But just to be on the safe side you said she looked like she was coming up into another shed if so from the date she sheds 20 to 30 days later from there pre-lay shed they will lay

- - - Updated - - -

What date was her shed that you said she had last week?

You will sometimes get a snake that lays belly up for no reason. It's not uncommon. Males will even do it. I wouldn't get my hopes up if she's not showing any signs. Womas ovulating is fairly large and unmissable, they also show they're gravid quiet well.

No-two is very right there some snakes will just lay belly up and you would no if she was gravid because they do get big my female was pretty big she had 11 eggs i was amazed woma's have really big eggs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back