Geo cache's ever found one by accident?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found three now, the first one was a bit of a 'what the?' the second one was broken down by the uv and was basically a pile of rubbish in the bush so I cleaned it up and put it in the bin, now I just dump them all in the bin. Tossers.

I've found three now, the first one was a bit of a 'what the?' the second one was broken down by the uv and was basically a pile of rubbish in the bush so I cleaned it up and put it in the bin, now I just dump them all in the bin. Tossers.

Seriously?

A couple of plastic boxes,etc spread over the countryside and usually well concealed, is hardly a speck in comparison to the crap thrown out car windows and of the back of trailers everyday.
It's getting people out into the great outdoors and will likely lead to many of them developing a future interest in nature and/or the outdoors.

Bloody Grinch.

LOL

Yeah I know I can be a grinch at times but the mess this one made in such a beautiful place, just gave me the *******s, and I reckon theres enough crap lying around the cities and suburbs that you should leave the National Parks and bushland alone. Sure it might get the kiddies out into the fresh air but leaving crap behind in the bush is not the go IMHO and defeats the purpose. Why not forget the plastic macdonalds culture junk, and use native animals and flora as the 'cache'?

you wanted stories, thats mine, lol!

littering with technology, as i point out every few months when this topic rears its head.
i am all for more fat kids on ipads, it means i don't have to share the bush.

It's getting people out into the great outdoors and will likely lead to many of them developing a future interest in nature and/or the outdoors.

LOL

I'm tipping they're the great outdoors type to begin with.

I'll gladly take any new Sistemas off people hands and put them to better use.

Yeah I know I can be a grinch at times but the mess this one made in such a beautiful place, just gave me the *******s, and I reckon theres enough crap lying around the cities and suburbs that you should leave the National Parks and bushland alone. Sure it might get the kiddies out into the fresh air but leaving crap behind in the bush is not the go IMHO and defeats the purpose. Why not forget the plastic macdonalds culture junk, and use native animals and flora as the 'cache'?
you wanted stories, thats mine, lol!

Fair points. I guess. I just feel that the positives from such an exercise would out way the negatives.

I used to leave my finished books in random places with a message and a little note to please do the same in return, just so I could imagine where the book might end up, lol. I guess I just like that mystery that a Geocache might represent.

Found one near blaxland was so tempted to steal the red box of hooks they looked expensive, but i decided to be nice and put it back for those who like to play hide and seek in snake infested areas they deserve their reward :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back