Frilly off her food :/

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone.

The vet is baffled so she's going to conduct an autopsy tomorrow, hopefully something useful will come of it.

Sorry to see this mate I wish I saw it earlier I had a similar thing happen and after a talk with a good friend that breeds them it came down to a did mv bulb producing no uv

Amy news?

Cheers Brenton

Thanks Brenton.

It shouldn't have been a dud MV bulb as she spent a lot of time outside in the sun running around the backyard..

Nothing conclusive from the autopsy - there was an increased amount of bacteria in her lungs that *might* have been pneumonia and indicated by her apparent difficulty breathing the last 2 days, but we're not sure how it might have come on so quickly given her condition.

Everything else about her seemed simply normal and vet did a quite detailed autopsy because she kept trying to find a cause with no success.

Sorry to here mate :(

Cheers Brenton

Any thought that the tube feeding (if thats what you were doing) went into the lungs rather that oesophagus??? I am not casting any doubt on your technique, but I have intubated birds (and some reptiles) in the past and it can be tricky. Accidents occur and I have killed a few things. Inspiring water or food into lungs might lead to either pneumonia/ breathing issues and infections.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Rob.

Any thought that the tube feeding (if thats what you were doing) went into the lungs rather that oesophagus??? I am not casting any doubt on your technique, but I have intubated birds (and some reptiles) in the past and it can be tricky. Accidents occur and I have killed a few things. Inspiring water or food into lungs might lead to either pneumonia/ breathing issues and infections.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Rob.

It's possible that she may have aspirated some of the formula, but I was always careful to get the syringe past her trachea (different biology to birds).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back