the wrong snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmadiamond

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who doesn't use this site asked me to get some information, She got sold a snake as a 2 week old hatchy after a few sheds the snake isn't what she was sold...So now she has a snake on her licence that isn't what it's supposed to be. Has anyone had this before? How does she go about it on her licence?? She has tried getting in contact with the breeder for the past 3 weeks and is having no response.

What was it sold as and what actually is it?

What was it sold as and what actually is it?

^^^^That information would be helpful :D

The breeder isn't going to respond because they know they've sold the wrong animal to a customer just for a quick buck. If she is really desperate to track him down then she can contact the DEpartment of Flora and Fauna and give them his details (Lisence number, name, area he lives) and they can track him down for your friend.

This has never happened to me before...

^^^^That information would be helpful :D

The breeder isn't going to respond because they know they've sold the wrong animal to a customer just for a quick buck. If she is really desperate to track him down then she can contact the DEpartment of Flora and Fauna and give them his details (Lisence number, name, area he lives) and they can track him down for your friend.

This has never happened to me before...

It was supposed to be a bredli but is a diamond apparently...I haven't seen it yet. Don't ask how that happened?? I guess some diamonds are reddish brown when they are hatchlings hahaha... It was her first ever snake so I don't think she really knew what she was looking at.

she just might be wrong check that out yourself before anything else.

Did she google pics of both species? There is no way you could mix those two up. Even if the hatchy was brown they have different patterns. Put up some pics. it sounds very strange. As for getting the correct species on her license, she could just ring up the licensing body.

Did she google pics of both species? There is no way you could mix those two up. Even if the hatchy was brown they have different patterns. Put up some pics. it sounds very strange. As for getting the correct species on her license, she could just ring up the licensing body.

She sent a photo to me, It's definitely a diamond. I have only seen one pic of him as a hatchy, he was pretty red and didn't look much like a diamond....oh well I'll get her to call the licencing body then

She sent a photo to me, It's definitely a diamond. I have only seen one pic of him as a hatchy, he was pretty red and didn't look much like a diamond....oh well I'll get her to call the licencing body then

Hmmmm... very strange. The breeder sounds very dodgey then, although I don't know why he would bother. Aren't Diamonds and Bredli about the same price?

Diamonds are worth more, I had someone complain about one of my hatchies so I told them to bring it back and they tried returning a carpet not a diamond obviously figured I wouldn't remember what I gave them as I had both clutches at the time when they came to choose. Hatchie diamonds and bredlis look completely different and why would you buy let alone sell a hatchie at two weeks old there would be very small chance that it would be feeding

So let me get this straight. He sold her a diamond as a bredli? Is he the worst scammer ever?

If i was sold a diamond instead of a bredli id thank the scammer haha

I know right. It's sort of like reverse scamming, if she paid a Bredli price ($200ish). I just don't get it? Surely he would know what the parents look like unless he did multiple breedings and mixed the eggs up. Is it possible he wild caught a gravid female and doesn't know anything about snakes, but wanted to make a quick buck???

If i was sold a diamond instead of a bredli id thank the scammer haha
Now Now.....all to there own but jeeez this thread is not all there 2 many things wrong dont ya agree....Pics and who sold ya it???:twisted:

Id say he found the snake, took a guess at what it may be and sold it to an easy target

That's what I was thinking. I would love to see this "breeder's" record book assuming he has a license. Emma's friend should have all his details recorded. I would be giving the NSW licensing body his details as well as getting them to ok the changing of species in your record book.

can we see the photo ?
'caught a gravid female', 'found the snake', what is it with people making stuffs out of thin air without even seeing it first ?

This place is seriously going downhill. Blind accusations and people going on hear say about someones friend who has the incorrect snake on there license now.

This place is seriously going downhill. Blind accusations and people going on hear say about someones friend who has the incorrect snake on there license now.

I was merely speculating, not throwing around "blind accusations"

can we see the photo ?
'caught a gravid female', 'found the snake', what is it with people making stuffs out of thin air without even seeing it first ?

I was just making suggestions on how a diamond hatchy could possibly be mixed up with a bredli. Not making accusations or pulling stuff out of the air. Maybe you should reread my post. I gave a couple of suggetions. Anyway I think we can all agree it is a very bizarre story. OP pics would make us all very happy :) Oh and no one has at all said anything bad towards her friend or anything all that bad about the breeder/scammer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back