Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the gold coast, and we had a black snake with pink belly, thought it was a baby red bellie black. Was only about 20cm long.mmustve been a small eyed snake? But are they found here?

Don't see to many with pink bellies here, usually creamy coloured or white.The young of the white lipped which also is common here can be black or brown and has red sides and is often confused for a rbb.

Last edited:
It was a real bright pink, beautiful looking. My son freaked out and and the dog went it..... Kept it in a jar for a while, invade there was anymore around. Haven't seen any since.. Yes the dog got in trouble, but she was a bad one for snakes. So nobody yell at me for a dead snake!!!! And she's gone to heaven now, hence I can finally have a snake!

Thats funny, i would have cropped that pic, lol.

In a covered pit in the backyard, feeding on skinks and froglets, they were great and did real well.
I think a member here keeps them in a natural looking glass terrerium and they seem to be doing well for him.
Use of gecko hides that stick to the glass make for interesting visual to.

One from the weekend.
smalleyed2.jpg

smalleyed.jpg

Don't see to many with pink bellies here, usually creamy coloured or white.The young of the white lipped which also is common here can be black or brown and has red sides and is often confused for a rbb.

Hey I came across one today , dead on road south of Nowra NSW. Black back , pale cream coloured belly approx 500mm long.

I dont know if they are all that calm but ive only ever had one try to bite me when i touched its tail, so i try not to do that. i find them to be unlikely to bite if they are held like i was doing it in the video but in saying that, I would not advise anyone to copy anything they see on Youtube, and especially on
my channel.
Ive only ever had contact with them here in Victoria and I have heard the temperment becomes less predictable the further North you go.
They often get run over at night on the back roads around here to being nocturnal.

I dont know if they are all that calm but ive only ever had one try to bite me when i touched its tail, so i try not to do that. i find them to be unlikely to bite if they are held like i was doing it in the video but in saying that, I would not advise anyone to copy anything they see on Youtube, and especially on
my channel.
Ive only ever had contact with them here in Victoria and I have heard the temperment becomes less predictable the further North you go.
They often get run over at night on the back roads around here to being nocturnal.

Yes i have found the species north to be rather "touchy" and "emotional" compared to their couthern counterparts. They are very quick to flick back on themselves, the one i had the other night was certainly the extremity. Beautiful little snakes, and if i was down south would prob give it a go free handling, but up here the ones i have come across have been a bit to snap happy for that yet

Hey I came across one today , dead on road south of Nowra NSW. Black back , pale cream coloured belly approx 500mm long.
I'm east of Nowra (coast not Nowra East) and have found a pink/red bellied one out here. I never even knew they existed until then. Jet black head, with a dark silvery body and pink ventrals so it must not be a locale thing. It was well under 300mm long though.

not from nowra east? methinks he doth protest too much :)
sounds like a fairly typical specimen for this area. i really am quite fond of this species and i enjoyed keeping them years ago.

not from nowra east? methinks he doth protest too much :)
sounds like a fairly typical specimen for this area. i really am quite fond of this species and i enjoyed keeping them years ago.

I was merely quoting I was on the coast in reference to locale.... not to say there's anything wrong with eastie..... lol my brother lives there, lovely place...:lol:

I was merely quoting I was on the coast in reference to locale.... not to say there's anything wrong with eastie..... lol my brother lives there, lovely place...:lol:

So Im guessing you live at Worrigee huh ?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back