40 Degrees in Melbourne today :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut a hole in the wall to vent the hot air from my air con into the garage, in my rented home.
Haven't yet worked out how to hide it for inspections.
Mind you its the best room in the house to be right now. :)

Did you cut the hole so it could be covered with a picture? :)

lol my cat is the opposite.. If he hears the tap he is in the sink... Cannot get enough of water.. Its great. Id never seen a cat swim... Until i got a bengal. Lol

My Aunt's Bengals are the same. As soon as they hear the tap, they are both in the sink. It makes washing up dishes very challenging but entertaining.

1.25lt soft drink bottle filled with water and frozen overnight, wrap in old tea towel and put in cool end of enclosure just before going to work, have another in the freezer for the other half to swap at lunchtime. Works a treat.

I follow the cords that comes out of the backs of the enclosures to a powerpoint on the wall... I then flick that powerpoint to the off position.

I have already switched the heat off at the powerpoint this morning at 6am...however my house is a bit of a heat sink - too many windows, tiny rooms and ****ty blinds.

i feel lucky , i dont live near any of those concrete jungles they call citys , there like one big rock that just absorbs the heat and gets hotter and hotter , i live on the coast near coffs harbour and can gladly say that it is about 28c in my herp room with out even having to worry about cooling it just open a window

Hahaha. Hope he doesn't have to crawl through raw sewage!

Slightly relevant,
I used the super house vacuum we have, as I was too lazy to scoop out + dustbuster the substrate for my marmorata. Needless to say I haven't empty the vac bag and now when ever I spot clean for dust round the house it smells like marm poo.

The reptiles cope but for the rat and bird I have little swimming dishes that I put frozen icecubes with things like corn and carrot in them. Keeps them nice and cool!!

I've been told 45 won't kill a woma, but 50 will...so I tend to get concerned about them. I think the A/C should be fine, I'm going to get someone to change a resistor in my unit so that if there is a power failure it will auto-restart and come back on and continue to provide cooling. I still get scared when I'm away from home in case this happens, so I'm going to get something done about it soon. The A/C works a dream, keeps everything in the house at around 32 on a really hot day (ie, 40).

Wonder if my boss would let me travel the 2 hours home to turn my air con on! D:
How does everyone else keep temps down on heat wave days?

Here in the UK today it is absolutely freezing, just had to break the ice in the dog's water dish, what I would give for 2 weeks in Melbourne, enjoy.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

37o here 100% humidity. Typical "build up" day. Had a storm this morning which turned into a sauna bath as soon as the sun came out.
Fans are on 2, never use aircon. You get used to it.

The Wet will break soon, it is BEEYOOTIFUL!

seems crazy atm but i miss especially when it rained i would just lay on the drive way and enjoy.

Here in the UK today it is absolutely freezing, just had to break the ice in the dog's water dish, what I would give for 2 weeks in Melbourne, enjoy.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

We always want what we can't have ;) Soon enough we'll be complaining about winter and be saying I wish it was summer!

- - - Updated - - -

**** !! where's that?
Got to 44.8 here

I am assuming somewhere in the NT or up North in WA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back