Moto 2.... Ant West didnt race the last round?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find out why Ant didnt race at Valencia.... there was no mention except Gavin Emmet said during the race that Ant would have liked the conditions, but not why he wasnt racing? There is nothing about it on the official website either? Does anyone know the reason?:|

Hi, West has been banned from riding for testing positive
to a banned substance I think for 1 month

I just did... found 'speedcafe'

What a bummer..... He never sounds like he is on anything? The opposite.... he sounds like he could do 'valium' commercials? Very laid back :)

Would banned substances just be there for the safety of other riders? i dont see speed, or sterioids or something to be that big of a performance enchancer in motorsport compared to something like... cycling for example:p. I dont know much about motorsport tho :p

A bit of wizz would be advantageous... you would be so alert like that squirrel on redbull out of hoodwinked. Not sure if you have done track work but everything moves pretty fast, bit of wizz would be the ticket to slowing that down a bit ;)

in saying that, he could have just had a party 2 nights prior and tested positive so meh. and steroids would be pointless for racers, the idea is to keep weight down, they are all string bean thin and 60kg's at 5'10" and taller. Riding is a sport of finess not power when it comes to the rider.

A bit of wizz would be advantageous... you would be so alert like that squirrel on redbull out of hoodwinked. Not sure if you have done track work but everything moves pretty fast, bit of wizz would be the ticket to slowing that down a bit ;)

Mate I done a track day a few years back on the go... I can only talk for myself, but it definitely didn't slow things down any. Gotta say it was the fastest 290 I've ever done... That speed on the go compared to not seemed to be about 490... 260 down the eastlink blind drunk with a pillion isn't recommended either!

Last edited:
Ant tested positive for the stimulant methylhexaneamine, which is prohibited in competition. While it’s chemically related to amphetamines, it’s only slightly more powerful than a cup of coffee.
Methylhexaneamine is a nasal decongestant, but it’s also considered a stimulant. It is considered as a vasoconstrictor, increasing heart rate and blood pressure and sending more blood to the areas of the body that need it.

The compound has become a popular dietary supplement and is found in strength-conditioning and powder drinks, which help with training.
The other problem with methylhexaneamine is that it isn’t always identified on the product.

Moto 2 is pretty good, I like it.... they are mad :shock: I even reckon moto3 isnt too bad..... A shame about motogp having street bikes in the race with them :rolleyes: If someone is in a race, they should be in it to win it..... the CRT bikes CANT win it (under normal circumstances) they can only get in the way of the prototypes by half way thru the race.

Yeah, ith isle of man is awesome.... I hope hutchens comes back next year, fit and healthy and has another good crack at it. I am looking forward to when Guy Martin finally wins one..... that would be good to see I reckon.

The trouble with motorsports these days (imo) is they always seem to end up with one or two on top and then the rest..... you sort of know who will win.... like the V8's is really the wincup vodafone show...... motogp was really becoming stoner/lorenzo/pedrosa show, moto2 was the marquez show (even if he started 10 minutes after the rest :shock:), Formula yawn has been the Vettel show.... even if he crashes in the 4th corner :lol:

Actually, just about all of the motor racing is getting too rule bound now imo. Not enough tyres (all one brand and no choice) only just enough fuel (and F1 having to carry it all from the start) too many penalties and not enough consistency for thier handing out penalties, not enough engines for a season..... the list goes on :rolleyes:

To me, racing would be better if they could choose what tyres to bring and have as many as they want/need.... I mean, for a V8, they might want pirelli softs on the front, a michellin hard on the rear right and a firestone soft on the left rear.....for example.... if that makes them go faster.... good. Same for bikes.... they might want a hard michellin on the front and a medium dunlop on the rear.... so let them do it? Let them have enough fuel!

I for one am getting sick of 'races' where everyone has to back off to save fuel because there hasnt been a safety car :rolleyes: or someone didnt use many tyres coz they dropped out of quali early, so they have better tyres for the race

Bring back real racing!.... the best cars/bikes on the best tyres, with the best drivers/riders, with enough engines and no penalties for changing gearboxes or racing incidents in the previous race or whatever :shock:

Mate I done a track day a few years back on the go... I can only talk for myself, but it definitely didn't slow things down any. Gotta say it was the fastest 290 I've ever done... That speed on the go compared to not seemed to be about 490... 260 down the eastlink blind drunk with a pillion isn't recommended either!
Alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant.

Lol hasn't anyone ever heard of pillion pegs or pillion passenger ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back