Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
Ok so im looking to get my first snake, well not right now, I have to wait till 2014 to get a hatchy (im not getting the 2013 ones). Anyway I need help choosing a snake which is perfect for me. So i'll just tell you want I like and maybe you guys can steer me into the right direction.

Likes: Prefer something no bigger than 1.5m, something with interesting colours or pattern, something which is generally known to have a good nature, semi aboreal

So yeah thats basically want im looking for any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Stimsons python. Small, good first snake, easy to handle, pretty IMO, not known for being arboreal but some individuals climb. actually all antaresia would be good. otherwise Woma's, not the greatest climbers but they enjoy giving it a go. great feeders, handlers, patterns, WA locales are small reaching 1.5 maxish although some specimens do get bigger but nothing unbearable.

I got a jungle as my first python. Really snappy at first but calmed down in time and with persistance. Now he is fantastic i have let little kids hold him (with supervision of course) and i couldn't be happier. You will get plenty of people saying how snappy they are but really every snake will be different and if you get one that wont calm down thats bad luck but you have to always be prepared because in the end they aren't a cute little kitten to cuddle.

Mate, are you a bit special in the head?? You just got RID of your jungle because it was doing the normal thing and GROWING. Please, get the fudge off this forum and go to your local mental health clinic.

Because it is over a year away, going off your other thread about your poor Jungle Python.
I think you should wait until 2014 and see if you still like snakes, you seem to change your mind alot, so why not just see what happens? Instead of having to pass off another snake to someone else?
Not having a go, just some..... advice.

Get what Eva snake you like no one can tell you what you want.

Go to the toy shop and get a Scleich rubber sake, it's semi arboreal as you can just chuck it in the low branches of the nearest tree, don't get one of the slap braclet varieties as they are too snappy. Oh and don't look to play with the noxious trouser snake that inhabits university campuses without dur protection.

Jeffa with a little... tiny bit... of research you'll soon see that Slytherin has a form of alergy to owning a Jungle python. At least at this stage of his snake keeping.

Are you seriously asking this? You already know your options, you have researched them, and each of them move like lightening when they want to and have teeth that they are happy to use. Why wouldn't you get a 2012/2013 hatchling, is it just a finacial concern as you didn't 'sell' your Jungle?

- - - Updated - - -

If that was at me, it's just advice, the OP is asking advice, I gave my advice?

I took that to be at the OP... *shrug*

If that was at me, it's just advice, the OP is asking advice, I gave my advice?

Not at you RBB! At the OP .. I think he has already received all the advice he needs to make a sound decision (even if none of us think he should be buying another reptile). He must realise that this is just asking for trouble posting yet another thread on a topic that he has already flogged to death

I can't get a 2012/2013 hatchy because of the 6 month waiting thing of getting a second snake. And I have to talk to National Parks about this whole thing on monday, but something tells me I won't be having a reptile licence for much longer, which to be fair I could understand that

Yes thats what I meant, I kinda broke that rule and by kinda I mean did. So yeah not looking forward to monday I can tell you

I suggest you find a snake husbandry course in QLD i believe a few run up there and join it and learn a bit first.
(apologise to those here who run them).

Even with a 6 month embargo affects your purchase you would still be able to get one from this season as many breeders hold back animals to sell when they are a bit older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back