AAE Problem - Missing Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if AAE deliver over the weekends for livestock? I had a shipment that was supposed to get into Albury this evening, but never showed up. Now i'm worried they are going to be sitting in a hot depot over the weekend unless they are put on a Qantas flight from Sydney to Albury tomorrow morning -as the flight they were supposed to be on was the last one for the day.

Connote number shows up nothing on the website, and I can't get through to anyone on 13 12 13, nor can the receiver. Meanwhile she had a few hours drive to get to the airport but now nothing to show for it - she cannot get any information from the Albury depot, or from the main call centre either.

Not happy Jan. :evil:

Hey Vixen, they do work weekends and maybe try the Melb number as they might be able to help you out... 93365647

Not uncommon for AAE. Livestock is not usually lodged for track and trace so will not come up on most searches. You will generally only be able to find that it was lodged....nothing after that. Not what you want to hear but I have had boxes of fish go AWOL for 4 days before as well as totally lost shipments. Also it's not uncommon for them to be there but be told they are not, this is the most usual scenario.

I have turned up at the depot before to be told they were not there. When I told the AAE person to take three steps back, turn around and put their hands down and they will find it they were not impressed. I could see my shipment quite plainly from where I stood but they couldn't find it . More to the point they couldn't be bothered actually looking.

Planes still fly on the weekend so they would normally go on the next flight of the following day. On weekends in regional areas there is usually a local number you can call to arrange pickup if t is not already open.

The person you really need to get in contact with if they arent on the morning flight is the load controller in Sydney. IME they are really the only ones that can tell you which flight they actually went on. I can generally find out much more information from them than the person behind the desk.
Even down to which can on the plane the shipment went into.
Livestock often miss flights but are usually put on the next available one so it should show up tomorrow if it is not there already.

I hope they turn up ok, and they probably will.

Speak to the Sydney guys. Don't bother with the 13 number go direct. Last time it was 95821545

All good now, thanks guys. They were at Sydney and were somehow put on a later flight but arrived in Albury safe and sound - phew.

AAE ARE #####D
never use them again.
Found another reliable carrier and i might start freighting again.

I thought I was in the all clear as I haven't had a mess up in quite a while - but there is one again lol.

Overall they don't seem too bad, especially in the past year and now we have a new manager at Gladstone who is awesome, i'm not sure of any other companies that freight reptiles around here though, perhaps around the Bris / Sydney area might be a little easier for that.

As a precaution most experienced shippers dont ship perishable or livestock on Friday, Saturday or Sunday as many regional offices are closed if the package goes astray. Having said that i have only had one package go missing from thousands sent or received. It will be interesting to see if the new ownership makes any difference.

While I don't use as frequently as wokka I too have found AAE reliable and helpful, especially the Sydney depot. I think though some of the regional offices are a bit variable. I have also found that information about regional offices can be hard to find especially through the central line. Through a bit of goggle searching its usually possible to get a direct number and I have on occasion called the regional office to get information about things such as opening times. I have even been able to arrange for the office staff to open a regional office for a weekend delivery when normally it's not manned!

AAE are not a baby sitting service. Users need to plan a bit for themselves to allow for unforseen delays which may occur.Most road carriers will take live freight but they are probably more exposed to environmental extremes over a longer period. Shipping in heat waves should also be avoided.

AAE are not a baby sitting service. Users need to plan a bit for themselves to allow for unforseen delays which may occur.Most road carriers will take live freight but they are probably more exposed to environmental extremes over a longer period. Shipping in heat waves should also be avoided.

I understand this, but all the cases i've had with lost reptiles have been due to them FORGETTING to put the animals on the planes, not just because of delays.

They get paid to ship our critters? Yes I think Sydney is the main problem for rural areas they tend to hold them for a later plane, did mine any way not realizing the distance people travel. I agree if you can pick up yourself than that's best but not always possible!

Just a few days ago I had a fiasco with AAE, I had two snakes coming from Rocky but the breeder was also sending two other snakes down to sydney. So somehow all 4 snakes ended up in sydney.

To give you an idea of how irritating that was, I was there at 1030 since I was told they would land around 10. I waited an hour to be told they couldn't find them, another hour to be told they still couldn't find them, then they finally said that they may have be accidently forwarded on with the other snakes, but that they wouldn't know until the plane landed (in another hour). If they were indeed on the plane they would ship them back (at no etta cost, but I wasn't going to let then change me for it in any case).

At this point I decided to leave, the man got my details and said that he would call when they arrived back - which he never did. I called them at 17:00 and was told they had been sitting out for a while.

The guys there handled the situation fairly well and of the snakes are fine, but it's a bit irresponsible. Especially when the box says 'HOLD AT BRISBANE AIRPORT FOR COLLECTION' on the side.

I have had a few problems with AAE too, it never ceases to amaze me how rude most of the staff are. I work in customer service, and if impulled some of the things they do im pretty sure i would have been fired

But one of my last times at the depot, i was collecting two snakes from sxr, and they handed me the box which was quite larger than i had expected, i signed for it and left, walked out, down the road to open it up, only to discover, it was not my name on the box. They gave me someone elses animal! So i walked back in, got the right
box and left.

Other times i picked up a baby gtp, and the man who got the box from out the back, checked my name by flipping the box upside down, then side to side. I could have killed him!

End rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back