Pig tail blueys!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scleropages

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OMG I just got two pig tail blueys.. they are really cool...

I hope to breed them with albinos and black ones and create super black albino pig tails!
can't wait... how long until they can breed? a few months or longer?

I have named them "Jonno" and "Lucas" after a really awesome dude :D

Party on!
Stay true to the morff!

8CA7635B-5832-4848-8F27-6544BE554F6F-12389-00001232C306178F.jpg

They look really uncomfortable and constipated, whats the point breeding deformed lizards, in the wild they would never survive, the whole evolution process is getting disturbed the fittest should survive and pass on their genes not the other way around. I feel the same way towards albinos and other morfs.

Last edited:
hahaha thats so funny :D
its made blue tongues cool again!

- - - Updated - - -

They look really uncomfortable, whats the point breeding deformed lizards, in the wild they would never survive, the whole evolution process is getting disturbed the fittest should survive and pass on their genes not the other way around. I feel the same way towards albinos and other morfs.

do you think a sausage dog would survive in the wild... the reptile trade is following the dog breeding history, its kinda sad but cool I'm a fence sitter on being a naturalist or one to love non natural variations, but i also am not a fan of albinos etc but these guys are kinda too cool IMO

They look really uncomfortable, whats the point breeding deformed lizards, in the wild they would never survive, the whole evolution process is getting disturbed the fittest should survive and pass on their genes not the other way around. I feel the same way towards albinos and other morfs.

um, whaT would you prefer? i suppose you'd "brick" them.... i also wouldnt consider a genetic trait like albinism a deformity.

you alwats end up with interesting animals Paul!

thats cool and all but when it gets bigger wont its tail being that way be a bit cumbersome for him? lol funny lookin legs too
or are their tails like that cuz they are newly grown ones?

Last edited:
um, whaT would you prefer? i suppose you'd "brick" them.... i also wouldnt consider a genetic trait like albinism a deformity.

you alwats end up with interesting animals Paul!

Yup, I'd cull them.

Albinism is definatley a deformity, its an absence of pigment in the skin, it affects sight, and limits exposure to the sun. Why do you think albino specimens are so rare in the wild, If it wasn't a deformity albino animals would be thriving in the wild

Albinism is definatley a deformity, its an absence of pigment in the skin, it affects sight, and limits exposure to the sun. Why do you think albino specimens are so rare in the wild, If it wasn't a deformity albino animals would be thriving in the wild

Own a dog, cat, bird or fish do you?

The top one looks awesome !! You get anymore in the litter that have that reduced patterning ??

The tails may well straighten over the next couple of months so your project may well falter ;) ha ha

The top one looks awesome !! You get anymore in the litter that have that reduced patterning ??

The tails may well straighten over the next couple of months so your project may well falter ;) ha ha

Only one in 15 like that, even if it diden't have the dodgy tail I would of got it. - I diden't breed these
I'll have to get some Neon orange Het for awesome ones off you so i can get pink pig tails in a few years ;)

Breed me a black pig tail chop chop! *sounds a bit wrong hey :lol:*

You would really bring home the bacon if you did that !!! :p

cheekabee
learn where you arent wanted or where your unsupported opinion is not warranted
Your in contradiction of yourself

wicked blueys paul
keep on keeping those deformed animals of yours

They look really uncomfortable and constipated, whats the point breeding deformed lizards, in the wild they would never survive, the whole evolution process is getting disturbed the fittest should survive and pass on their genes not the other way around. I feel the same way towards albinos and other morfs.

They look uncomfortable?
They have just been running around like mad chasing their crickets. How do they look constipated are you just trying to pick with comments like that?
These are not a morth ( yet), they where saved from some one who didn't want them or could sell them.
As for them or albinos not surviving in the wild.. that's the point.. They.don't .have.too as they are in captivity... next people like you will be culling off deformed people.
And I highly doubt you would survive in the "wild" with that attitude you have.
What is it with people being so negative about things like this. you are a very negative Lady Cheekabee.

Deformities is a harsh word... It's abnormalities such as these pigtails which give us an extremely valuable phenomena....like two headed pythons etc etc.
All things may seem odd or discouraged when we've never seen it before but in time ppl will want it and pay big $$ to get it.
Any unique characteristics are worth perusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back