Shedding question :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_brown

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Hey guys both my pythons are coming upto shedding the bredli is at the later stages while the stimmie is at the early stages. getting to the point my bredlis nose ( just about the mouth ) looks scabbed up ive never seen it scabbed up before i just noticed it now is this normal??

when they shed, they often rub thier face on rocks or branches to start the skin coming off at thier mouth.... you will prolly find it will shed now or very soon. From what you say, it sounds normal :)

I don't think much will change in 3 minutes CaptainRatBag but then again I could be wrong...

I don't think much will change in 3 minutes CaptainRatBag but then again I could be wrong...

I think you are wrong :lol:

The original post was at 8:37 (my time) which was prolly 10 min or so after he noticed it.... My mac Clyde shed the other night (while eating:shock:) and it took him 20 minutes from when his face skin was off his face.... til he finished his rat and got out of his skin :lol:

Chris's snake might have burned his mouth on something hot, but if he sees the skin START to lift, he will know it is not an injury, just shedding ;)

first of all my snake cant burn her mouth lol :D it just looked scabbed and a couple of days ago her eyes were milky as **** and tried to tag me but failed haha :D and the skin is very dull so she is deffs shedding so is my stimmie

- - - Updated - - -

just quietly do python EAT there shed??

- - - Updated - - -

i tried to mist the click clack a bit to make it a bit more humid BOY she did not like it at all striked the click clack like 3 times :( poor little fella :(

Don't spray the snake lol just a light spray in enclosure couple times a day up to shed

one of womas is not bothered in the slightest by being misted directly on her but then i tried it on my coastal and learnt pretty quickly she hates it lol

No, snakes don't eat their shed skin. They do, however, return to their original colouring for a few days after being cloudy, then they shed. If your snake is currently looking normal, than it will shed soon.

No, snakes don't eat their shed skin. They do, however, return to their original colouring for a few days after being cloudy, then they shed. If your snake is currently looking normal, than it will shed soon.
womas and bhps have been known to from what ive read , but i doubt thats whats happened here like has been said they clear up then shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back