Could my female diamond python be gravid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon all ,

i recently purchased a female diamond python that is approx 4 years old , she was housed outdoors with several other male pythons. I was told that she hasn't eaten since may , yet looks to be quite fat. She is refusing food and shed last week , could this be her pre lay shed ?

Would it be quite obvious If she was gravid ? I have attached a pic and was hoping for peoples thoughts and opinions ?

Many thanks in advance Justin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 236
So you keep several male pythons together in the same cage?

So you keep several male pythons together in the s,ame cage?

The key word here is 'was', meaning the previous owner was behind them all being together in some sort of outdooe enclosure. Not jug82, I believe.

As far as if she is gravid or not. I would have no idea what to look for to be honest with you. Good luck none the less though.

No I purchased her recently from a person that kept her with several males

Jug87 said purchased recently but it was housed with other males?
I hope some one can help you! Fingers crossed

she looks pretty fat! and if she was with several males theres a good chance she is!
best get the incubator ready!

Looks quite normal to me?
Secondly Morelia sp. sp. males don't combat so realistically keeping them together will do no harm.

Looks quite normal to me?
Secondly Morelia sp. sp. males don't combat so realistically keeping them together will do no harm.

Can second that, they've been known to reserve the energy to mate in turn instead of a dominance battle for reproduction rights.
Though have been rumors of food supremacy, though never experienced it

She hasn't eaten at all :)

That's not a sure sign of being gravid at all.
Without knowing full husbandry practices it's almost impossible for us to advise using that method.

Another image of possible gravid female

Here is another photo of her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 159
Let her climb through your hands so that she stretches out - letting her to go back into her enclosure but making her straighten out should work. Look for bumps on the ventral side, you should also be able to feel them too. This technique applies to females ovulating and those carrying eggs - the ova/eggs should be clear as a string of bumps.

Let her climb through your hands so that she stretches out - letting her to go back into her enclosure but making her straighten out should work. Look for bumps on the ventral side, you should also be able to feel them too. This technique applies to females ovulating and those carrying eggs - the ova/eggs should be clear as a string of bumps.

I can't seem to see any bumps etc perhaps I'm mistaken

Here is another photo of her
Looks sus to me
whistling2.gif

whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif
lol.gif

From the pics does anyone think that she is ?

- - - Updated - - -

From the pics does anyone think that she is ?

She looks a little tubby, but it's a waiting game maybe you need to read up on what you need as for nest box etc just incase.

Can they be pregnant without seeing the eggs down the side ? I once had a bearded dragon , looked skinny and was old , one night she laid over 2o eggs to my surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back