Classic thing I saw in a New York pet shop!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Check this out!! Coming home from the airport today, I nearly ran over about 20 grands worth :lol:

Admittedly, the flying rats do have a nice call :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 695
Try the prices for Aussie native parrots over there :D There's millions to be made there!

- - - Updated - - -

Try the prices for Aussie native parrots over there :D There's millions to be made there!

Just found a dead one in my neighbours garden today actually. :( Hmm wonder how much a stuffed one would go for? :lol:

Makes you want to get into the illegal myna trade :lol: (jokes)

While I was walking through the place (called Fauna) I heard this bird call out to another one which replied with the same call and said to the guy "you got Kookaburras??"... and he said "yeah, trust only an Australian to recognize that"... he then said "I thought I'd never get used to that laugh they have, but now I'd be sad to see either one of them sold, they really grow on you". I didn't see the price of the kookas, but if a filthy Myna is fetching $1200 I shudder to think.

Do you think possums would get any sort of price tag over there? coz there are a lot of possums in vic suburbs that eat our plants!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Do you think possums would get any sort of price tag over there? coz there are a lot of possums in vic suburbs that eat our plants!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

My girlfriend raised 3 opossums from about a week old to sexual maturity. The mother was hit by a car and the babies were alive. So she saved them, raised em and then released them.

Stinky little sob's they were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Bit ridiculous, isn't it? But on the other hand, I remember reading a while ago about how they are selling squirrels in NSW for pets, going for about $1200 each !!

Mynas are very intelligent birds. They make great pets. I trap them where I live and keep a few birds as caller birds. They are amazing mimics, picking up new calls within only weeks. I have birds that can take off frog calls, magpies, butcherbirds, galahs etc. Its funny when you catch them to take them out to work, while you have them in your hand they run through all their different calls! Crazy birds!

Makes you want to get into the illegal myna trade :lol: (jokes)

I think its perfecty legal to export export exotic birds as long as you get an import permit from the destination country and they are not on the CITES list. We should send the whole lot over.

I got to talking to the reptile guy at the store (of course I would :lol:) and he showed me an assortment of snakes, but not python as they were heavily controlled, even banned for sale. But I got to play with a young desert kingsnake they had, as well as the corns and rat snakes. I showed him a few photos of my animals which was nice, as it literally made him green with envy....now we were even :D

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5814.jpg
    IMG_5814.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 184
Bit ridiculous, isn't it? But on the other hand, I remember reading a while ago about how they are selling squirrels in NSW for pets, going for about $1200 each !!

and they are pests from india that are colonizing the areas around perth , but they are ALL sterilized so if they escape they wont runaway and start another colony :)

allthings slimy are selling indian palm squirrels for $1000 bucks

- - - Updated - - -

allthings slimy are selling indian palm squirrels for $1000 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back