Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reptiles 4 me ... I call bull faecal matter to your mates Burton's eat crickets. Post a photo or get permission from your mate and then post one I am sure he/she won't mind

Your in title to your opioun besides that I don't have a photo to show you and I don't know if he still even has it like I said I haven't seen or here'd anything from him for a few years now for all I know the burtons could be dead by now. Have a look on the web I'm sure I've seen a couple of websites that agree with me and be leave that it is possible. google search burtons legless lizard eats a cricket or something like that.

See I was being nice. Point is still the same. Burton's don't eat crickets.

And I did a search. Nothing on eating crickets, plenty on them not eating crickets.

Ok maybe my mates burtons was a one of thing or something I don't know but still I have seen him do it at least once in the past. Ow and I never said that you weren't being nice a little strong with your opioun but I don't mind your just backing up what you believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey butters you said you breed them you know the burtons I'm from VIC and your from QLD any chase of me getting one of you?

Ok reptiles are you saying you have seen it with your own eyes or not.... If you have are you sure it was a Burton's

Pretty sure about 95% sure it was burtons I'm normally not wrong when it comes to ID of reptiles

Pretty sure about 95% sure it was burtons I'm normally not wrong when it comes to ID of reptiles

The last person who said they were 95% sure of a reptile ID confused Cobras with Black Headed pythons.

In the world of reptiles and their variations, a 5% uncertainty rate can be a big change so its always best to be a 100% sure.

Last edited:
I reckon that it was not a Burton's and I was not there and I am very rarely wrong on Id's

I reckon it was and how on earth do you get confused with a black headed python and a cobra. if 5% is to big a gap for you than I was 99% sure it was burtons and not a scaly foot of some kind. Eipper were you just trying to troll me then.

Last edited:
Ok reptiles 4 me I will try to make it as blunt as possible

Your name isn't Norman is it?

you are either....
a
lying about what you have seen or

b
you cannot tell the difference between a Burton's and another legless lizard.

I am not trolling as you put it.... just calling you on what you are saying without qualification. The onus of proof is on you to show that everyone who has worked with lialis are wrong.

Alternately, who is your mate and get them to tell us the details

cheers

Scott Eipper

Like I said there is a small chance that I am wrong but normally I'm not wrong and I'm not saying I'm right all the time because that would make me a know it all Whitch is inpossible to know every thing my mate has had other legless lizards and I have not seen him for few years so it is a possible that I got confused or something. So maybe I'm wrong and your right maybe not let's leave it that agree or not.

^^ I'm gonna try this one on next time I'm home a bit late from the pub..... see if I cant get everyone confused. :D

I don't know exactly what you mean Wally76 but it sounds funny from where I'm sitting.

Lialis jicari from New Guinea has been recorded eating insects - This is not however a Burton's from Australia which are an obligate lizard feeder in the wild and will require the same in captivity with the occasional specimen able to be weaned onto mice.

Last edited:
Reptiles4me,

I did not realize your age. Sorry for being rude. I have a low tolerance for bull.... And basically that's what was being said by you, mistaken or otherwise.

cheers
Scott

This thread has been a great source of humour and delight.

eipper, did I tell you I have my Moloch feeding on steaks, cooked rare...

I am sure most of us have no doubt you thought you saw a Burton's eating crickets. No one is disputing that you believe that.

What we are all disputing is the fact that it was actually a Burton's and not another species of legless lizard.

Many experienced keepers ( and probably more inexperienced ones) have tried to wean Burton's onto a non lizard diet. The majority have failed miserably and the loser is always the Burton's. The successes I would only call partial successes. Sure they have kept them alive but in most cases that's it and there is still generally force feeding involved. I class placing something in their mouth so they will eat it force feeding.

What most of us don't want is somebody seeing this thread in the future and thinking tthat Burton's eat crickets. They don't.

Because most of my Burton's I have bred myself I am in a bit of a unique position because I hand feed them all from hatching. They still live on a diet of skinks and geckos but they are more likely to take something I offer them that is not a lizard. If I wave it in front of their face they will usually grab it.

Doesnt mean they will eat it consistently though.

Ok I asked this before but you did not answer me since you breed them is their any chance of me getting a burtons off you because I really want one and I have only seen them for sale at an expo and that is the only time I have ever seen them for sale before also do I need an advanced licence to have them?

Ok I asked this before but you did not answer me since you breed them is their any chance of me getting a burtons off you because I really want one and I have only seen them for sale at an expo and that is the only time I have ever seen them for sale before also do I need an advanced licence to have them?

Considering you have been told before, here is the link to the VIC DSE. You should be able to find out all you need about licensing and keeping before asking to buy one.

Keeping and Trading Wildlife in Victoria

As mentioned on several of your threads, its best to do a little research before running off to get something and while I can only speculate, I doubt that you have 7 years of reptile exprience from books or practical experience if you still have questions regarding licenses. Being 13 and interested in reptiles as well as doing research is an admirable trait, but dont fall into the habit of knowing it all as there are folks out there with more years of experience than you have been on earth and they admit to learning new things regularly.

Its only advice, take it or leave it, I cant tell you that you are wrong for what you are thinking, just that there is a better way to go about it.

reptiles4me
please , for your own good , STOP saying you have 7 years experience , you have 7 years of being interested in reptiles , that does not equate to experience

if we where all to use the point in which we got interested in reptiles as the point of which our experience started than 99% of us would have experience dating back to when we where kids , but in reality that isnt the case , just because my dad had a coastal when i was a kid doesn't mean ive got experience from when i was 2

also if your 95% positive on reptile ids and rarely get it wrong than why is it that you couldn't id a cat snake as a non native , first thing i started to look into when i wanted to sharpen up my id skills was to find out what species i would encounter in australia , that doesn't seem to be the case with you so saying your rarely wrong is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back