Stolen Turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
We recently had a Mary River and 8 Juvenile Murray River turtles stolen from work. The two Mary River turtles were in a tank next to the Murrays. We suspect it was last weekend when we were really busy. If anyone hears or sees anything eg: people trying to sell them cheap, trying to sell the Mary off licence etc etc, please PM me. Worst thing is they probably have no idea how to look after them.:(

damn, that stinks.
Really sorry about that mate.
Argh some people have nothing better to do!
They really p*** me off.
Hope you get them back,
best of luck.

Man, that sucks. I really hope you can get them back. Reminds me of a story last year when a reptile shop was robbed, they stole 2 GTP's and a Croc. The most expensive reptiles there.

Wish you the best,
Shabby

No Cameras ? You can get big systems really cheap these days and install them yourself...

i'd be getting cameras on every isle. get your locale paper involved get them to take pics of same breed of turtles and write a storey on it, someone will know something. even offer a reward if returned or for info on were they are.

i hate wen people steal animals, its so low.

Last edited:
Grrr, that sucks, KJ. Hope you get them back or, if that doesn't happen, that they find themselves with someone who knows how to look after them.

even though its not your shop, you should try and encourage the owner to get more cameras to avoid this in the future. 9 turtles cost more than a camera.

You have my empathy. The unforunate reality is that there is a ready market for stolen reptiles with people prepared to sacrifice principles to save money. So they do not pay for a licence and they buy illicitly obtained animals on the cheap. These people are every bit as much to blame for the theft of reptiles and amphibians as those that do the break and enter. I only wish the law did not distinguish between their culpability and that of the robbers. Both parties deserve to have the boook thrown at them when caught and convicted. Unfortunately the conviction rate is too low and the sentencing is pathetic. Until that changes, honest and worthehile people involved in the hobby will continue to be the victims of these maggot-like parasites.

The injustice of it really does make me angry. Cold comfort as it may be, I really do feel for you!

Blue

Ewww who would steal a turtle? Your pockets would get all wet!
How did someone not see a person stealing 9 turtles? "ohh na mate i always keep this wet hessian sack with me"

Sad that this has happened... i just dont get people these days

Someone tried to steal planted driftwood from my work by shoving it down his pants. Trust me, people will do anything.

We get really busy sometimes and we have two areas, if one of us is out the back in the tank room or reptile room and the guys are helping load a tank/enclosure in the other section across the court it pretty much leaves the front part of the shop empty. It would only take a matter of seconds to snatch them and put them in their bag. They are quite used to people and come to the front of the tank when approached and they are small.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone tried to steal planted driftwood from my work by shoving it down his pants. Trust me, people will do anything.

Yep. apparently people have come in with drink cans with water in them and tried to steal fish, honestly, fish are not that expensive, not the ones that fit in drink can openings anyway.

Unfortunately all the cameras in the world won't stop someone from stealing... Just may make it easier to find them once you go through all the hours of footage, unless you know exactly when they done it... Then go to the police with it, then wait for them to possibly ID the culprit.. Then try find them... Meanwhile said turtles are long moved on. Cameras are a deterrent for opportunists... Thieves don't care about having their photo taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back