What equipment do i need to house crickets/breed them ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXExplodexX

Reaction score
Just wondering, I searched on youtube, and found that people do cricket breeding different. Sorry if this isn't reptile related. What things do i need and how much each item costs.. Thanks.

as mentioned, put two together and youve got a good chance, some use sand, dirt etc to house eggs/facilitate breeding, what i found easy was moistened cotton buds and you can move the eggs in one bundle

move to another clean enclosure (e.g. takeout boxes work), keep moisture adequate (i.e. dont let em dry out completely esp. in summer heat), feed em the usual feed. One note tho the babies drown in the smallest amount of water, i lost a batch because the plastic box i kept em in weren't completely dry after cleaning and they all stuck on the sides... oh well you live and learn... (at the expense of your crickets tho)

My bedroom. I let 2 escape and I think I have a breeding colony all throughout my house.
Lol I'm in the same boat. When I let my iguana run around sometimes he finds them. Are you guys able to use feeder roaches? They are much much more nutritious for reptiles then crickets will ever be. There is also much more to them then just empty exoskeletons.

Last edited:
Lol I'm in the same boat. When I let my iguana run around sometimes he finds them. Are you guys able to use feeder roaches? They are much much more nutritious for reptiles then crickets will ever be. There is also much more to them then just empty exoskeletons.
At night all I can hear is chirping haha and yes we use Wood roaches or 'woodies'.

At night all I can hear is chirping haha and yes we use Wood roaches or 'woodies'.
Ya that sound ****** me off to no end. If it isn't the damn crickets chirping its my geckos haveing a chirping contest. I really should record it one night. People usually don't believe me till they hear it.

I usually have more success with the dirt in my lay boxes for my geckos, than the soil I provide for the crickets.
I have just changed to floral foam as my laying medium after reading about it in Dr Browns new book(s). Will see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back