Have you been scammed by Carl Snake man or Tom Burke?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May pay to get a drivers lic copy or some kind of I'd before handing over your cash , how does he ask for payment?, this is why I only deal with well known hero breeders I know

Hmm just read through the user agreement paypal does not protect buyer if the product is on eBays "Prohibited and Restricted Items and Services" which include "Animals and Wildlife Products - examples include live animals, mounted specimens, and ivory"
What is the safest method of buying interstate?
It's hard not no worry about being scammed :(

Another case of a seller hiding their identity and ripping off an honest buyer. Yes, yes it's a two-way street, but clearly the system doesn't seem to protect buyer or seller. You need something like Reptile-Pay-Pal ;)

I seriously don't know how some people live with themselves. Jeez I get twitchy if I owe someone 2 bucks (except the bank of course...stuff them :lol:)

You owe me $2.50 by the way.

Is it possible to trace him back through the ISP that he was using to access his emails and post adds or would he be super smart and access the internet through proxies?

Is it possible to trace him back through the ISP that he was using to access his emails and post adds or would he be super smart and access the internet through proxies?

That works well in the movies but not so well in real life. Unless you are a sanctioned individual working under a warrant or instruction, it's illegal. Plus, getting google, yahoo or any multinational entity to access their records takes a long time and often isn't very successful considering any muppet with a computer can create a free account.

This guy seems to have covered his tracks very well which sucks. I hope he gets nailed soon.

Yes it was quite ambitious and I was not suggesting any member actually do it, I just know that accessing websites usually gives up ISP info.

Just day dreaming out loud really, nothing to see here. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back