Full clean and New hemp substrate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
Just finished a full clean out and scrub down of my python enclosures. Also using some new hemp substrate.

a3a2uvum.jpg

mudeheqa.jpg
my stimies
jenupema.jpg
Juvie carpet
y9uba5yj.jpg
adult carpet

a4uruhag.jpg
this stuff is pretty good, smells ok looks good and did all three and my guinea pigs with half a bag.

Nice work mate. Those enclosures are set up beautifully

What model/size is that largest tank you have there, and who made the background? I am looking for backgrounds at the moment, and I am disappointed in the options and sizes available.

It looks similar to the aspen bedding I just ordered, very nice.

One advantage of hemp over aspen is that hemp is produced locally and so doesn't use the transport energy of bringing it from the other side of the world like aspen does.

Or the transport costs...

Aspen is ridiculously expensive. I'm amazed people in Aus use it.

One advantage of hemp over aspen is that hemp is produced locally and so doesn't use the transport energy of bringing it from the other side of the world like aspen does.
Oh well I am just trying the Aspen out, ordered it from an aussie petshop. I think it was 4.4L for $11. Anyone have a link to hemp?

the hemp would also be ok for rats and mice eh? Keeping overall number of separate supplies down helps to. I might head that way to if it's viable to get it here... as a matter of fact should buy bails and use it for my birds to :) then if it doesn't work out I'll set fire to it in the backyard and have a giggle-in with some friends lol :lol:

We use a couple of cubic meters of hemp a week with the rodents. I find it is far more absorbent than pine shavings.

My only issue with hemp is that although the manufacturers claim it is dust free, I find it to be quite dusty.

There are some new cardboard/paper based substrates available that are apparently much better. Will have to try some if those soon.

kritters krumble claims to be dust free also and I tend to disagree... although I still use it. I've been most impressed with the breeders choice paper pellets but they are really dry & if your snake requires much humidity at all it would probably have dramas shedding with it I would imagine. That's why I keep using the KK for my water python to keep the humidity up over 60% even then he needs daily sprays.

you will hear a million different things about all substrates, best thing is to be observant, buy in small packages at first and find something that works in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back