Not complete shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

Reaction score
Hi
my 5 year old jungle had a very bad shed yesterday. She was flakey with dry bits hanging off her so I filled up the paddle pool and she had a long swim in there. She shed almost all, but about from her snout and 10 centimeters down. She got that shed hanging off her but don't rub her nose at all. I don't want to pull it off as I am worried it will hurt her. I just hosed her down again now. How long before I assist more ?

i'd normally put them in a damp pillowcase, tie it up, put the snake in a tub and leave them be for an hour or so. should rub it off on their own, especially as you have already soaked it.

turn the pillow case inside out if you do it so the snake doesn't get caught up in any loose threads.

I've said it before and will again... camomile tea bath. Then use the teabag as a type of sponge for the stuff you are talking about. Even if you use the pillow case idea I would use the camomile instead of straight water. The natural oils in it help soften the dead skin and sooth the new skin at the same time. I have seen it used on large agressive snakes and it makes the process so quick and easy. The kranky Coastal even seemed to like the massage to remove the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back